Helmet sellers

For patterns, discussion on materials, and places to buy guard related items

Jedi_Outcast77

Re: Helmet sellers

Post by Jedi_Outcast77 »

Aside from the paint and visor issue is a DP a good looking helmet, I mean as far as the appearance, shape, etc? I've seen a few on ebay lately and would repaint it anyway.
Mike - 501st NEG IC-7796
Walk Now for Autism Research 2009 - Team Brunco
http://www.freewebs.com/teambrunco

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

The color of the Don Post Helmet in its original paint scheme when put next to triple velvet matches up quite nicely. Painting it "RED" actually ends up giving it a pink look in pictures.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Darth Skellington
TKID: 5932

Post by Darth Skellington »

The Don Post is a good looking helmet. It is a tad smaller than it's fibre-glass bretheren, which you can sometimes tell when you see 501st group photos with multiple guards side by side, from a distance. Apart from the slight difference in size, I don't think the sculpts are any different....both a pretty accurate compared to the movie, IMO.

If I'm not mistaken, Lucious is wearing a Don Post in his signature photo, so that should give you an idea of what they look like. If you have time to wait, it looks like Lucious and I will both be attending Allcon on March 13-14. He will be graciously loaning me some of his old costume so I can troop beside him. I'm sure we'll have some photos to post so you can see a SA fibreglass side by side with a DP.

As long as the DP fits you, you can't go wrong either way. If you contact Fenixprops, they do sell fibre-glass helmets unpainted for a much more reasonable price (about the price of a DP). Shipping costs , however, are still quite painful. :(
Warren Jacobsen - TR-5932
I am the who when you call -- who's there?
I am the wind blowing through your hair.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

Hey Warren that's a great idea I didn't think to do that. It would work out nicely and I think that will be the best way for the folks to see what the guard helmets look like. You can see them one on one but I think when you see them next to each other it will bring out the difference. I'm converting my helmet over to a red visor.

The helmet you see in that is actually been converted to the shadowguard helmet ;)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Jedi_Outcast77

Post by Jedi_Outcast77 »

Yeah, I'm in no hurry. I saw a DP on ebay the other day that needed some work. I figured since I was going to have to paint it black anyway I could fix the damage and make it bigger (if needed) while doing it. I'll keep my eyes open for the side-by-side pics though!
Mike - 501st NEG IC-7796

Jedi_Outcast77

Post by Jedi_Outcast77 »

So I went and did something very unusual for me, I jumped in and bid on the helmet I was talking about... and WON!!!
I'm very excited to be able to start working on a new project, even though I haven't finished my first one yet.
Mike - 501st NEG IC-7796

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

Thats half the battle. G I JOE - oops wrong forum. Can you send me the link on the helmet. I'm curious to see how it looks.

Jedi_Outcast77

Post by Jedi_Outcast77 »

Sure can, PM sent.
Mike - 501st NEG IC-7796