Close up pics of the pike tip?

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

tk5647

Close up pics of the pike tip?

Post by tk5647 »

Hey guys, Im new here, and building a guard for my wife, I was wondering if anyone had any super close up pics of an accurate force pike emitter design? Is it definetly the stacked ring type?

Thanks!
Dustin
myspace.com/tucsontrooper

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Close up pics of the pike tip?

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

If its not machined alot of us have used anything from cawking tubes to sharpie pen ends :)
Hope that helps
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Peregrinus

Re: Close up pics of the pike tip?

Post by Peregrinus »

The Detachment Photobucket has a lot of useful reference images. On page 2 of the Return of the Jedi section, there are a few nice and close pics of an original pike where you can see the detailing pretty clearly. Browse around further for other images to help you gauge proportions.

This is one of the most frustrating props from the Original Trilogy. So far, we have rumours and guesswork and strong indicators of what was used, but nothing hard and fast. :( My tip was custom machined to the approximated dimensions of the original, on a neck made from a chunk of an Ikea towel rod. My spiky bit made from craft foam, styrene strips, and brass tubing, painted gold, and liberally antiqued with Rub'N'Buff.

--Jonah
"The Royal Guards on the bus go '..., ..., ...; ..., ..., ...; ..., ..., ...'" :tr:

-- Overheard at Celebration IV