New Guard in the UK

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Revenge of the Sith

dingerbell55

New Guard in the UK

Post by dingerbell55 »

Just thought I'd let you guys see the pictures I am thinking of submitting for clearance, for my local garrison, let me know what you think

I know the Boots are Black Jack Boots but I am still looking for Red ones (so hard to find in the UK)

bdgr
TKID: 4468

Re: New Guard in the UK

Post by bdgr »

The inner robe looks a little short, but beyond that the rest looks fine in my opinion.

Since you are doing a ROTS Royal Guard, you might also want to get a picture of your outer robe arm slits (4 total) when you submit pics. Your GML might ask for them. Best of luck.
bdgr
TB/TS/TI/IC/IG/IS/CC/TR/TA/IN/TD 4468

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

I'd let it pass for minimum mustard. Under robes are not a deal breaker. I'd be more concerned if the Outer robes where cut the shortness of the under robes.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

dingerbell55

Post by dingerbell55 »

Well just to keep you all informed of the progress I got the inners extended and the fianlly got clearance for Trooping :trsuit:

bdgr
TKID: 4468

Post by bdgr »

dingerbell55,

Looking good :trsuit:
bdgr
TB/TS/TI/IC/IG/IS/CC/TR/TA/IN/TD 4468

dingerbell55

Post by dingerbell55 »

Just to keep peeps informed - I got cleared with my Unit here in the UK, soI decided that after a couple of months of doing 10+ Troops to put in for clearance to the UKG, after a lengthy wait I received an email back to say on this occasion I got rejected, here is the email I received:

"Your clearance submission for the costume of 'Royal Guard' has been reviewed by the GML.

Unfortunately, on this occasion, it was not possible to clear your costume for trooping.

The GML made the following comments which we hope will help you in your efforts to clear your costume:

Hi Andy, Thank you for your Royal Guard clearance pictures. Great looking guard but I always want to the right red velvet boots for this costume as in your ref pictures. Regards Mark Farebrother Ukg gml

Regards,
The GML."

I did reply with that the CTRL for this was Black Jack Boots and/or Red Suede Boots.
So my question is: Is this right? and surely the CTRL would need to be changed ?

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

dingerbell55 wrote:Just to keep peeps informed - I got cleared with my Unit here in the UK, soI decided that after a couple of months of doing 10+ Troops to put in for clearance to the UKG, after a lengthy wait I received an email back to say on this occasion I got rejected, here is the email I received:

"Your clearance submission for the costume of 'Royal Guard' has been reviewed by the GML.

Unfortunately, on this occasion, it was not possible to clear your costume for trooping.

The GML made the following comments which we hope will help you in your efforts to clear your costume:

Hi Andy, Thank you for your Royal Guard clearance pictures. Great looking guard but I always want to the right red velvet boots for this costume as in your ref pictures. Regards Mark Farebrother Ukg gml

Regards,
The GML."

I did reply with that the CTRL for this was Black Jack Boots and/or Red Suede Boots.
So my question is: Is this right? and surely the CTRL would need to be changed ?
Red boots are not Mandatory for approval. Black boots are acceptable for 501st approval. If the UKG GML has an issue with this, please refer him to the posted CRL's and the command staff of this detachment.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

The Reason why we did not make the Red boots mandatory for any royal guard is that some folks are not able to get boots made in larger sizes.

Boots
For 501st approval:

(Black, texture-less, leather/synthetic leather (non glossy) “Jack” boots", squared toe (rounded toe in ladies styles are acceptable), with a relatively conservative heel, no visible straps/buckles, or ornamental stitching; that reach high enough to cover the wearer's ankles are acceptable as a minimum due to the difficulty in acquiring red boots.

For level two certification (if applicable):

Crimson red suede boots, pointed toe, with a relatively conservative heel. There are no visible straps, buckles, or ornamental stitching. The boots cover the wearer's ankles.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

dingerbell55

Post by dingerbell55 »

Thanks peeps I did think so! It's good to know who I can rely on to set the record straight.

I did reply to the email saying that the CTRL for the Boots was Black "Jack" Boots, but I have not had any response back.

I might wait until after the festive period before I resend or email the GML again

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

dingerbell55 wrote:Thanks peeps I did think so! It's good to know who I can rely on to set the record straight.

I did reply to the email saying that the CTRL for the Boots was Black "Jack" Boots, but I have not had any response back.

I might wait until after the festive period before I resend or email the GML again
It's actually quite interesting that neither GML for the UK garrison has responded to a direct email that I have sent either... begining to wonder if I should be bringing in the CO and XO.... you should be approved without any problems...