ARMOR DETAIL SHOTS!

As seen in the video game "The Force Unleashed". Now an approved costume!

Darth Skellington
TKID: 5932

Re: ARMOR DETAIL SHOTS!

Post by Darth Skellington »

It looks like the game graphics will be the primary costume refernce. However, I just noticed on Rebelscum that a new book came out today: The FOrce Unleashed Campaign Guide for the SW Roleplaying Game. These books are usually chock full of new artwork. Might be worth checking out for possible guard appearances.

When Stephen and I were at the mall looking at SW books, I found a cool image of a Crimson EMpire style guard in action. Didn't think to take a picture at the time. It was too abstract, and the blaster and glaive were unique to the artwork, to be a good costume reference, but was still cool artwork nonetheless. This artwork was in one of the Campaign Guides.
Warren Jacobsen - TR-5932
I am the who when you call -- who's there?
I am the wind blowing through your hair.

tavrikgannon

Post by tavrikgannon »

I was wondering when Jonah-the-Great would sound off....

It doesn't matter what any of us prefer, but rather what it is. The references that are out dictate what the costumes are to be. Just as ANG said, unless, or until, one of us gets on with LFL and is in a position of authority to change what we like and don't like, it isn't going to change.

In the immortal words of that nameless sandtrooper, "move along".

- Bill

bibfordolfinsafetuna

Post by bibfordolfinsafetuna »

i didnt see robes on the guards on the game they just had jump suits a couple pieces of armor and the red cloth that comes down from the back of his belt. the only time i saw the robes around the armes were in a couple different drawings (i dont know if they were concept art or not.) some one please correct me if im wrong or i would be takeing the wrong dirrection in my costume research

Ang
Former DL
TKID: 6624

Post by Ang »

I haven't gotten that far in the game yet...when I do, I will make my husband play as I get glued to the screen.

Peregrinus

Post by Peregrinus »

Bib, the jumpsuit shots you're talking about are Senate Guards accompanying Senator Leia Organa to a meeting. If I'm wrong, I will take it back, but be mightily upset with LucasArts.

--Jonah
"The Royal Guards on the bus go '..., ..., ...; ..., ..., ...; ..., ..., ...'" :tr:

-- Overheard at Celebration IV

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Thats ok the Prima Walkthrough guide shows them with no robes and spats on the boots and shin armour with bracers... Can I start pulling out my hair yet.

This was from my Force Unleashed Event. They really got a kick out of a shadowguard.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

bibfordolfinsafetuna

Post by bibfordolfinsafetuna »

yea i am kind of confused. i went back and looked and i didnt see any guys with the robes. even the ones that stood by the emperor just had the armor. they were by leia too. i might have missed then though. im kind of confused

Peregrinus

Post by Peregrinus »

If that's the case, then LFL done screwed up. *headdesk*

--Jonah
"The Royal Guards on the bus go '..., ..., ...; ..., ..., ...; ..., ..., ...'" :tr:

-- Overheard at Celebration IV

Ang
Former DL
TKID: 6624

Post by Ang »

That's what they get for releasing the concept art so early.

BTW: Official concept art counts as a costume "source". Which in a case like this when it comes to writing the standards for these costumes in the format of the CRL, the cloaks won't be required, but you MAY have them.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Well kind like this ANG.

Should have robes. Can be worn like the standard ep2 guards or wrapped in combat concept art.
its not a guard with out the robes :) it just looses the mystique.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard