ARMOR DETAIL SHOTS!

As seen in the video game "The Force Unleashed". Now an approved costume!

Ang
Former DL
TKID: 6624

ARMOR DETAIL SHOTS!

Post by Ang »

A friend of mine sent me this gift today from The Art and the Making of The Force Unleashed:

http://kaousuu.net/starwars/fuguards.jpg <--- VERY HIGH RES

As you can see, that's NOT stormtrooper armor like we initially thought, that's a new set entirely. Check out how the robes on the Red Guard are split in the back and get wrapped around like that. Mad cool!

THIS IS GOING TO BE AN ENTIRELY NEW PROJECT!

Okay mold makers and armor pullers, get to work!

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: ARMOR DETAIL SHOTS!

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Never trip on stairs at cons again... Thanks I was needing a hi-res copy of this :)
We and my 'strike team' are working on putting something together in the future. :shadow: :tr:
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

tavrikgannon

Post by tavrikgannon »

OK, as ordered, I am here!

Ang, thanks for letting come play. I do have some good references that are straight from LFL, however, I am not at liberty to release them justyet. As soon as I am able to, I will post them. I think folks will be plenty pleased with what will be forthcoming.

- Bill :shadow:

lummaf
TKID: 1256

Post by lummaf »

Wooow , thanks ... I have get work for the rest of the year :tr:

bibfordolfinsafetuna

Post by bibfordolfinsafetuna »

does anyone have any more reference shots now that the game is out. im really interested in seeing some ^_^ they looked so cool in the game

tavrikgannon

Post by tavrikgannon »

I do... I got some references, courtesy of Mary Franklin from LFL for Cloud City Garrison's TFU costume project that we worked on. I can't see there being an issue with me distributing the reference material, but I had better check in with our GWL who made the initial contact (and hadto sign a confidentiality waver).

- Bill

Ang
Former DL

Post by Ang »

Hey Bill, when you do get those shots, feel free to post them in our Photobucket, the link is in the Costume Resources forum. :)

And just remember guys...Make the costume even if it doesn't get approved immediately. These things take time, especially since the armor is going to be mandatory (you see them most of the time without it.) The sooner we get a nice accurate costume done, the sooner we can write standards and can present it to the Council for review. Even then, it's going to be a few months.

tavrikgannon

Post by tavrikgannon »

I will definitely do so, ANG.

I am also working on producing the armor. So I will keep you all posted on the progress as it unfolds.

- Bill

Peregrinus

Post by Peregrinus »

Time for me to probably be unpopular again. I do not like the armour they designed for the Guards (all three varieties in the game). And I especially do not like the depiction of how the robes get taken care of for fighting.

I have studied a variety of martial arts, Eastern and Western, and most involving sticks or swords. One thing I learned early on was how to move with one's clothing rather than fighting with it, including things that flow, restrct, or billow. I'm still working out how to move with my ROTJ Guard, but made a lot of progress at Dragon*Con. In another year or so, I will probably have some scary moves to bust out at a convention to impress the kiddies, and it will not involve winding my robe up on my arms. Flowing robes do not have to be an impediment to fighting.

Besides, most times a Royal Guard would be called on to have to move fast and kill things, they wouldn't be wearing their full-on ceremonial getup, but either the open-fronted "working" uniform of Crimson Empire or the red Stormtrooper armour of their combat rotation duty.

--Jonah
"The Royal Guards on the bus go '..., ..., ...; ..., ..., ...; ..., ..., ...'" :tr:

-- Overheard at Celebration IV

Ang
Former DL

Post by Ang »

Oh I'll admit...the armor and cloak-wrapping makes no sense. BUT until one of us gets a job with Lucasfilm and gets a say in it...*shrug* I won't let me keep me up at night.