Don Post question

For modifying the Don Post helmet, adding the extras for a Crimson Empire helmet, as well as painting, padding, speakers, fans, etc.

pearl95

Don Post question

Post by pearl95 »

Were there different versions/styles of the '96 DP helmet?

I have one and it seems squatter than others I've seen around....

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Re: Don Post question

Post by stripes »

that's the only version of the Don Post helmet that I've ever seen. It cvan be used for membership applications, provided that you modify it to fit with CRL guidelines on the helmet.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

I think he means Warped - Vinyl Plastic warps very easily in extreme weather conditions.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

pearl95

Post by pearl95 »

I don't think it's warped... but perhaps it is.

It just looks a lot shorter and wider than other DPs - like this one: http://www.djsyczylo.net/replicas/StarW ... dHelm.html

I'm going to perform the usual mods, visor area and repainting, plus cutting it in half and embiggening it on account of my huge melon....

tr-1788

Post by tr-1788 »

I have found 2 different sizes for the Don Post helmet. The one that I am using is "wider" than the other one that I bought for my son. Mine has much more space inside, with the other one rubs against my cheeks.

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

tr-1788 wrote:I have found 2 different sizes for the Don Post helmet. The one that I am using is "wider" than the other one that I bought for my son. Mine has much more space inside, with the other one rubs against my cheeks.
Sounds almost like the smaller one is a DP recast... they tend to be tighter fitting, especially around the cheeks