Under the bucket

For modifying the Don Post helmet, adding the extras for a Crimson Empire helmet, as well as painting, padding, speakers, fans, etc.

cjfrancese79
TKID: 89620

Under the bucket

Post by cjfrancese79 »

Does anyone have any ideas for lining the inside of the helmet. I just got mine in the mail and it's a fiberglass build, but just from wearing it for a couple minutes I am already feeling some irritation.
I got this helmet from an ebay seller and it is phenomenal. I cost a little more but it came fully painted and with the proper red visor. I also have a bigger head and there is plenty of room inside.
Christopher Francese
TR/TI/IC/IG 89620
Northeast Remnant

Deimos
TKID: 8139

Re: Under the bucket

Post by Deimos »

FP does helmet linings. You can also get linings off eBay.

I have also seen them else where. I will find the website for you.

nolekhan
TKID: 8893

Post by nolekhan »

I bought the helmet head pad from FP, plus some rubber shelf lining to provide softer texture. For backup padding, I have some staining pads that are good cushions if I ever need them.
South Texas Squad, Star Garrison
AOTC

Danielandre77

Post by Danielandre77 »

Is there anybody who tried the same velvet as the roob?
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Oddball - Kelly's Heroes

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

You would over heat with that against your face
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

Danielandre77 wrote:Is there anybody who tried the same velvet as the roob?
it's a great way of suffocating yourself... velvet against velvet will seal itself so there is no real airflow...

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

I have that exact same bucket though mine came unpainted. I'm not sure the irritation you're talking about though. Not sure what the inside of yours looks like but mine had little knobs of things sticking out because of how the resin dried. I dremeled those down and washed out the bucket but then I was left some some "exposed" fiberglass which I didn't want. So....I spray painted the entire inside of my bucket black. I do NOT recommend this as a course of action because every troop I take off my bucket and my right cheek looks like it has some black shoe polish on it. I keep a pack of baby wipes in my tote BECAUSE of this. I need them to wash my face off which is made worse by the stubble on my face tearing up the wipe. In the scheme of things I don't feel like the paint ruined the helmet, far from it. But the paint rubbing off onto my face sure isn't awesome.

I have considered putting some velcro strips in the helmet under the visor and then again near the bottom of the helmet and then sewing some velcro onto some jersey cotton (t-shirt material) to use that as a barrier between my face and the inside of the bucket as well as for days when it's cold and humid outside and the inside of the bucket gets REALLY wet. Then I could throw the cotton into the wash when I get home and all is good for the next troop. That does sound overly-complicated to be honest though.

cjfrancese79
TKID: 89620

Post by cjfrancese79 »

I don't seem to have anything sticking out, and the inside is sort of painted already, it was just that fiberglass rubbing on my face was irritating and I was worried about getting some crazy rash or something. Other than that this helmet is amazing, I can't believe it took me until now to get this going.
Christopher Francese
TR/TI/IC/IG 89620
Northeast Remnant

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

What about going to the store and buying the cheapest kid's baseball batting helmet or bike helmet. My son's last bike helmet came with some additional foam with sticky stuff on one side. You could use a few of the strips on the inside of the helmet to keep it off your skin.

Danielandre77

Post by Danielandre77 »

stripes wrote:
Danielandre77 wrote:Is there anybody who tried the same velvet as the roob?
it's a great way of suffocating yourself... velvet against velvet will seal itself so there is no real airflow...

Thanks for the tip. ;) Glad I found out about it before I did.
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Oddball - Kelly's Heroes