RaiderNick's RG WIP

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: RaiderNick's RG WIP

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Who is the maker of that pike?
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

That looks almost like one from Gio...

RaiderNick
TKID: 3957

Post by RaiderNick »

It's from cabbagefarmer in germany, looks and feels great. It's all aluminum and unscrews into 3 pieces.

stripes
Former DL

Post by stripes »

RaiderNick wrote:It's from cabbagefarmer in germany, looks and feels great. It's all aluminum and unscrews into 3 pieces.
Very nice!

RaiderNick

Post by RaiderNick »

So I finally got around to opening my robes. They look and feel great and quality made however they are FULL of wrinkles. FP Managed to stuff them into the smallest box imaginable, I still can't fathom how they fit, and the outer robes are a mess. They have a ton of wrinkles and these wrinkles cause light to reflect differently off those areas and it looks terrible.

I know you can't iron velvet and I was wondering how I should go about removing the wrinkles, do I steam it or get it dry cleaned, not really sure?

stripes
Former DL

Post by stripes »

I would be very careful with steaming them as velvet doesn't like water. You can get velvet dry cleaned, but you may need to look into several shops as some won't touch custom work like these due to liability (ie: they don't want to be responsible for wrecking the robes)

Venom13
TKID: 13772

Post by Venom13 »

When I unpacked my robes from the mail I just hung them up and let the weight of the material just do the work in removing the wrinkels and I also keep them hung up when not in use and when I transport them I make sure they are layed out or hung up I never stuff them in a box this will make it easy on you to keep the wrinkle's out of them

RaiderNick

Post by RaiderNick »

Put the robe on the door when I took a shower hoping the steam would help straighten the wrinkles out and it didn't work. So I used a steamer next set on medium and it got 90% of the wrinkles out so I'm happy now. Or I should say it "un-crushed" the areas with the wrinkles so some of the wrinkles are still there but it's no longer a lighter color than the rest of the robe.

Compare this to the other photo and you'll see a big difference.

cjfrancese79
TKID: 89620

Post by cjfrancese79 »

I hang my robes up after every troop to avoid getting that crushed velvet look.
Christopher Francese
TR/TI/IC/IG 89620
Northeast Remnant

RaiderNick

Post by RaiderNick »

I'm going to leave it hanging whenever possible and for troops I have one of those carry bags for suits to put it in. I was mainly worried about removing the crushes it got from being jammed in the box for shipping, which I mostly did.