Accurate Boots Alternative from GER

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

Manaan
TKID: 92929

Accurate Boots Alternative from GER

Post by Manaan »

Servus

I've ordered Boots by CROW here in the Detachement but i want to have a alternative from germany so i've wondered to do don't find any red boots in EU 46... ;(

So i want to ask, are they acceptable for 501st approval:

Thank you guys! :tr:

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Re: Accurate Boots Alternative from GER

Post by stripes »

those boots do not appear to be the correct colour, so unless you can show more of a crimson red, they are a no go.

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

The shape looks great (hopefully the ankle part could be pulled up and not stay scrunched together) and perhaps the color is off in the photo. Without knowing about the color I'd agree with Stripes.

Deimos
TKID: 8139

Post by Deimos »

All I have to say is, have fun waiting for your boots from Gio. I have been waiting since June of last year.

stripes
Former DL

Post by stripes »

Yes, Gio has been slow to get the product out... though recently he has been making steps in the right direction to getting back logged orders cleared up. Please continue to have patience as he works to get things sorted out.

Manaan

Post by Manaan »

Okay i give up, i don't find any shop or some in germany who sell those accurate boots in size EU46 / US 13 1/2 / UK 11

Does anyone have an Idea where I get Boots Worldwide ??? ;( I can't wait months for boots. In July there is the CEII and i want to be ready for "Mission" then...

Any Tipps are really welcome :coffee:

JesterTDA

Post by JesterTDA »

You're in Germany...you can always use German Jack boots as an alternative. Honestly...if someone comes up to you at CII and says, "I thought Royal Guards were supposed to have red boots" just remind them that you have a forcepike and you aren't afraid to use it. I wear black costume Jack boot replicas and they are just fine.

Manaan

Post by Manaan »

..if someone comes up to you at CII and says, "I thought Royal Guards were supposed to have red boots" just remind them that you have a forcepike and you aren't afraid to use it.
Yeah, thats it! :D so...but i ordered Soft Parts and a Pike in RotJ Style and black Boots aren't accurate for RotJ Guards (I've heard)...so i have no choice..

stripes
Former DL

Post by stripes »

Black boots are acceptable as a bare minimum for 501st approval for the very reason that finding red boots is akin to finding a needle in a haystack at the best of times.

JesterTDA

Post by JesterTDA »

It's also acceptable to have black boots because you never see the footware of guards in the movies. There are examples of what was worn on stage but the footware was never seen so for all we know the actors who walked down the Lamda-class shuttle in front of the Emperor were wearing flip flops or Nikes.