Red mirror tint

For modifying the Don Post helmet, adding the extras for a Crimson Empire helmet, as well as painting, padding, speakers, fans, etc.

nassik
TKID: 6764

Red mirror tint

Post by nassik »

I've seen a number of royal guards with the red mirror tint to their lenses. However, I see no reference to it in the CRLs.

Are we allowed to use the tint in our helmets? Even for submission photos?

I and a couple of squad mates are following the ROTJ royal guard build.
501st Legion/Terror Australis Garrison/Desert Scorpion Squad

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Re: Red mirror tint

Post by stripes »

The red visor is actually the correct visor for all royal guard helmets. A black lense has been allowed as a substitue due to the harder to find nature. Many guards lately have been opting for the red mirror lense as it still shows red and effectively hides the wearers eyes from view and is fully acceptable for use.

bdgr
TKID: 4468

Post by bdgr »

For the red mirror lenses, you might want to double check with your GML, since they are the ones who will make the final call.
bdgr
TB/TS/TI/IC/IG/IS/CC/TR/TA/IN/TD 4468

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

bdgr wrote:For the red mirror lenses, you might want to double check with your GML, since they are the ones who will make the final call.
If the GML is following procedure and asking on the GML forum for peer review, the same answer as above will be given. I would also expect to see an update to the CRL over the next little while to also reflect this.

bdgr
TKID: 4468

Post by bdgr »

stripes wrote:
bdgr wrote:For the red mirror lenses, you might want to double check with your GML, since they are the ones who will make the final call.
If the GML is following procedure and asking on the GML forum for peer review, the same answer as above will be given. I would also expect to see an update to the CRL over the next little while to also reflect this.
For clarification, there is no procedure to follow that requires GML's to ask on the GML forum for feedback on each costume that they are approving. The GML's may ask for additional input on a costume if they are not familiar with it or just want a second opinion, but it is at their discretion.

I still strongly suggest that if someone has a question if something is acceptable they should also ask their GML directly, since they will be the one's actually approving the costume.
bdgr
TB/TS/TI/IC/IG/IS/CC/TR/TA/IN/TD 4468

bjsavage7
TKID: 5955

Post by bjsavage7 »

bdgr wrote:
stripes wrote:
For clarification, there is no procedure to follow that requires GML's to ask on the GML forum for feedback on each costume that they are approving. The GML's may ask for additional input on a costume if they are not familiar with it or just want a second opinion, but it is at their discretion.

I still strongly suggest that if someone has a question if something is acceptable they should also ask their GML directly, since they will be the one's actually approving the costume.
True. All the more reason for the CRLs to be as accurate/detailed as possible. No matter how much we offer advise on the GML forum, many GMLs never visit it.
TR-5955
Florida Garrison, Squad 7