Force Pike

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Revenge of the Sith

Wolfman37
TKID: 4673

Force Pike

Post by Wolfman37 »

I thought I would post this here since no one has answered when I posted it in Bdgr's build thread. Plus, I didn't want to derail his thread any further with my own questions. If I was following Bdgr's build as a guide to building Tiggie's forcepike, would it be acceptable to build one like Bdgr's for a ROTS Guard as long as the rasp was changed to reflect the stacked discs look of the ROTS forcepike?

I really like the way Bdgr's turned out, especially using the pvc check valve for the pommel.

You can view Bdgr's build thread here: http://www.forcepike.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=720

I too, am using a pool cue. Mine is a 2 piece that will break down for transport.

MagnaPrime
TKID: 8285

Re: Force Pike

Post by MagnaPrime »

Honestly I would think it would work fine.

bdgr
TKID: 4468

Post by bdgr »

I would also agree. The force pike in my build should also work for a ROTS force pike as long as you made the change to the stacked ring piece versus a spiked rasp.
bdgr
TB/TS/TI/IC/IG/IS/CC/TR/TA/IN/TD 4468

Wolfman37

Post by Wolfman37 »

Thanks for the replies!

Bdgr: Thanks for posting as much detail as you did in building yours. Reading it over and over gave me a lot of inspiration to start building Tiggie's for her.

I have just about everything I need to finish it except a second vacuum wand for one of the grips, some o-rings, and the elusive child's medicine syringe. All the ones I have seen so far look nothing like the one you used. But I have a few more places to search for it at.

As soon as I have all the parts, I will disassemble what I've done already(not much really), and start a build thread for anyone interested in following along.

Thanks again guys!!

bdgr

Post by bdgr »

Wolfman37 wrote:Thanks for the replies!

Bdgr: Thanks for posting as much detail as you did in building yours. Reading it over and over gave me a lot of inspiration to start building Tiggie's for her.

I have just about everything I need to finish it except a second vacuum wand for one of the grips, some o-rings, and the elusive child's medicine syringe. All the ones I have seen so far look nothing like the one you used. But I have a few more places to search for it at.

As soon as I have all the parts, I will disassemble what I've done already(not much really), and start a build thread for anyone interested in following along.

Thanks again guys!!
Wolfman37, I'm really glad to hear that my force pike build is helping you. Let me know if there are any specific things you need more detail on. I had a great cheap source for the vacuum handle. I'll try to dig up that info and send you a PM so you can get the second vacuum wand. As for the children's medical syringe, the one's that are free at your local pharmacy usually have a flatter top versus the rounded top in my build. But in reality, it shouldn't matter as long as it fits snug on your force pike tip base, since you need to cut the syringe tip, apply filler (e.g. Bondo, Wood Putty, etc), and sand it anyways. Best of luck on your force pike build.
bdgr

bdgr

Post by bdgr »

Wolfman37,

Please check your messages. I noticed that my previous PM message to you about a source for the Children's Medical Syringe is still in my outbox (meaning you never opened it). Thanks.
bdgr

Wolfman37

Post by Wolfman37 »

Bdgr: Thanks for the pm's.

I found another wand today at a local vacuum store. It's even a Hoover wand but not sure if it's the same one as yours. Got it for $5 bucks.

And regarding the syringe: All I have been finding are the ones with the flatter top. Did find one similar to yours at Walmart, but it is packaged with other baby stuff I don't need and sells for $14.

The Babies R' Us one you liked in the pm looks like it will work great. There's a store just about 20 mins from me, so I'll head over and pick one up in the next day or so.

Look for the build thread to start by sometime this weekend at the latest.

Thanks again for all your help and info.

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

It doesn't really matter which vacuum handle you use, so long as it looks right. I used some cut down PVC pipe personally. PM me if you still need a kid's syringe, I might be able to hook you up.

Wolfman37

Post by Wolfman37 »

Acquired the medicine syringe today. Thanks again to bdgr for the link he pm'ed me. :trsuit:

Still need to get the various sized o-rings I will need, but I have other work to do on this before those
are needed.

I will be posting a wip thread as I progress on this. :tr: