Getting the perfect finish

For modifying the Don Post helmet, adding the extras for a Crimson Empire helmet, as well as painting, padding, speakers, fans, etc.

Deimos
TKID: 8139

Re: Getting the perfect finish

Post by Deimos »

Ok I have put a couple of filler primer coats on now and WOW its amazing stuff. I do have to do a little bit more wet sanding as there are some scratches that it didnt fill. I still need to find this damned spot filler. Im thinking I might just buy it of evilbay and have it shipped to Aus (if I can do that O.O )

bdgr
TKID: 4468

Re: Getting the perfect finish

Post by bdgr »

Great to hear that the filler primer helped. Since you are having a hard time finding spot putty another option might be epoxy putty made by miliput or loctite http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_ ... poxy+putty
You cut off a bit and knead it with your hands to start the chemical reaction. The good thing is that it can be smoothed with just a damp finger and once it hardens it is pretty strong. People have used it strengthen their TK faceplates where the aerators/hovi tips go or build support for their lens. They usually sell it at any hardware store. You only need a little since you are just filling tiny holes.
bdgr
TB/TS/TI/IC/IG/IS/CC/TR/TA/IN/TD 4468