Any reference photo or screen shot for ROTJ boots?

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

Black Jack
TKID: 7772

Any reference photo or screen shot for ROTJ boots?

Post by Black Jack »

Is there any reference photo or screen shot for ROTJ boots?

For example, we have some screen shots and expo photos for AOTC and ROTS boots, so that we know that AOTC is black boots and ROTS is red pointy boots. Do we have something similar for ROTJ so far?

Thanks a lot!

tb750
TKID: 750

Re: Any reference photo or screen shot for ROTJ boots?

Post by tb750 »

I don't think anyone has found a reference photo for the ROTJ boots. From what I've heard, they wore red slippers. I believe the current standard is to go with the ROTS red pointed toed boots (black boots are still acceptable due to the lack of access to red boots). I'll defer to someone more experienced though.

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

Actually, the ROTJ guards wore orange suede cowboy boots if I remember the previous research into this topic. You may think it's odd, however you have to take into consideration the lighting on the set and the effect they were trying to achieve. It's the same as the original cloaks being made from old theatre curtains... You just can't get velvet that wide commercially these days. Suffice to say, we strive to get as close as ideally possible, but I would think orange suede cowboy boots would look pretty odd with our costumes....

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

I have not gone frame by frame on Blu-ray just yet but I don't think anything has come up yet.

bdgr
TKID: 4468

Post by bdgr »

Any news on reference photos or screen shots of the ROTJ Royal Guard boots?
bdgr
TB/TS/TI/IC/IG/IS/CC/TR/TA/IN/TD 4468

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

For the sake of there not really any public references of the guards boots from ROTJ and to keep with the consistency of the ROTS boots that we do see, the ROTJ guard boots in the CRL are listed as the same as the ROTS books.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard