TR-7021

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Revenge of the Sith

TR-7021

TR-7021

Post by TR-7021 »

Hi all,

I wanted to show you my Episode 3 Royal Guard;

The forcepike isn't long enough. I'm going to make a new one.

So, what do you think?

Ang
Former DL
TKID: 6624

Re: TR-7021

Post by Ang »

It looks to me like your helmet is a bit oversized, maybe you can bulk up your robes a bit to get a better, more full look.

Also, what is the fabric you used? And how many slits do you have for your arms?

TR-7021

Post by TR-7021 »

It's a Don Post helmet. It looks a little bit oversized in the second pic, I have to work on the shoulders.

The cloak has two slits. But I don't know what kind of fabric it is. I bought it from someone for 10 dollar.

Peregrinus

Post by Peregrinus »

For the helmet gap... Maybe a breastplate under? Red TK would be okay, probably, considering the use of something similar in the new Force Unleashed game. Or Crimson Empire-style armour. That will help bulk out your chest under the cape. Looking good, though. :)

--Jonah
"The Royal Guards on the bus go '..., ..., ...; ..., ..., ...; ..., ..., ...'" :tr:

-- Overheard at Celebration IV

Ang
Former DL

Post by Ang »

TR-7021 wrote:It's a Don Post helmet. It looks a little bit oversized in the second pic, I have to work on the shoulders.

The cloak has two slits. But I don't know what kind of fabric it is. I bought it from someone for 10 dollar.
2 slits in the robes is actually Episode 2 style, we discovered recently that the Episode 3 guards have 4 slits, or rather, really long sleeves that aren't sewn together like a tabbard.

Trust me, we were all like, "WHOA!" too! Also, that makes your black boots also canon.

If you have any questions about the guard standards, check out the new CRLs that were written up, they aren't fully approved by council yet, but if will give you an idea of where we are going with the guard costumes. You are already approved so you don't need to change anything unless you really want to.

TR-7021

Post by TR-7021 »

hmm.. so my guard is something between episode 2 and 3.

I am very happy with my guard costume, but the only problem about this costume is that every guard is diffrent.

Ang
Former DL

Post by Ang »

Before the CRLs, it was assumed that both the Ep 2 and Ep 3 guards had 2 slits. No big deal. Just feel free to upgrade when you have the time.