seeking gloves and boots

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Revenge of the Sith

darth_trayolphia

seeking gloves and boots

Post by darth_trayolphia »

the final items i need to complete the rots guard i have been working on is a pair of boots...but also now after reading the CRLs, it looks like i need to get a different pair of gloves, cos getting leather gloves was difficult, and all i knew was that they were red, i found a nice pair of gloves which were a similar colour and texture to the outer cloak material.

if that would be ok please someone let me know

anyway, primarily i need the boots

here in australia i am a size eleven, which by the american system i believe is a nine or nine and a half.

if anyone has any info or knows where i could get a pair of boots please let me know asap

also, if the red fabric gloves i have are not suitable under any circumstances, i would also appreciate any suggestions for finding gloves

please note that i can spend a literal fortune on this stuff
i would hope that boots would not cost over $100 and gloves (if needing to buy another pair now) not over $75 as i am cureently without a job :tr:
The Emperor is my only master
His is the only voice i hear
His are the only orders i obey
His are the only wishes i fulfill
His are the only commands i carry out

unless you are hot single and easy

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: seeking gloves and boots

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Leather Gloves would be the preferred for the costume. Let me see a pic of the gloves and I'll give you my feed back on them.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

darth_trayolphia

cool

i already checked with the sotre that refunds are posible...especially when i mentioned what the gloves would be for (helps when the store owners are star wars fans)

so i'll get a pick onto here by the end of the week

and if needed, i can return them

MagnaPrime
TKID: 8285

Post by MagnaPrime »

I've got the Silhouettes boots that are posted in the costuming thread. The only complaint is now I'm on their mailing list and I really don't need a women's clothing catalogue every month.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

ROFL :trsuit: :? Those boots have been discontinued. But thanks man - That made my night.

Walking around in women's .....
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

darth_trayolphia

ok, a 'local' royal guard has offered to make a forcepike(just a different state of australia...but still from Terror Australis Garrison, so i have the pike sorted

i will be going into the city tomorrow to grab those gloves and get pics to see it they are passable or not, at least in short term till i can find a suitable pair of leather gloves

so the one thing i really need to find though is the boots, cos i would prefer the red ones if possible rather than black
The Emperor is my only master
His is the only voice i hear
His are the only orders i obey
His are the only wishes i fulfill
His are the only commands i carry out

unless you are hot single and easy

psujedi27
TKID: 2398

Post by psujedi27 »

My wife loves it every month when my new Silhouttes catalogue shows up. Not that she orders from it, but it just gives her one more excuse to make fun of me!
Andrew Marzka
Garrison Carida Merchandising Team
TR/SL/TX/TR/ID 2398

"An Imperial Guard never seeks special privileges. Ever. His entire goal in life is to serve the Emperor, and the New Order he created. His goal in life, and his desire in death." - Major Tierce

Sandy2011
TKID: 9679

Post by Sandy2011 »

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

I would have to say no on the gloves. These are a suede fabric where as the AOTC and ROTJ are cloth fabric and the ROTS is the Leather