UPDATE

For patterns, discussion on materials, and places to buy guard related items

Ang
Former DL
TKID: 6624

UPDATE

Post by Ang »

Those who ordered from me, I haven't forgotten about you.

I lost my sewing studio on Christmas Day, and wasn't around to vacate the premises due to the snowstorm in New England. My stuff is safe and in the basement of a friend's house, but very unorganized. I am looking for a new space as soon as I can.

I also just got my internet and power back on from Wednesday's storm so...yeah. Just be patient. Happy happy!

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: UPDATE

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Life Happens Ang. Hang in there girl.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

magustoad

Post by magustoad »

Hang in there Ang!! I've been through the power shuffle more times than I care to admit here. We're on a small spur off of the main line and only have about 30 houses on it so we are one of the very last in the city to get repaired when there are major outages.

Ang
Former DL

Post by Ang »

I live about a mile from downtown Providence. There's no excuse except National Grid's laziness here.

My boyfriend lives in a town called Johnston, which is a Providence suburb. Not only did they manage to get a foot more snow than we did (they're about 15mi North) but a tree fell on a post and knocked livewires down over his car. It took National Grid about 24 hours to respond to an emergency call. :splode:

Ang
Former DL

Post by Ang »

Alright, now that I have a studio again... sorta...I need to get things set up as I just moved in.

Not that I have space I can work in, all orders will be completed, and then I'm not doing them anymore. I'm convinced that they're cursed.

After my 3rd box in 4 months getting lost, I'm getting really agitated, not to mention everything I went through in the Summer and Fall.

Everyone who has orders in with me will have them finished and shipped. I'm actually looking for another velvet supplier as I've had quality issues with Distinctive. (The burgundy bolt I have just falls apart if I don't use microscopic stitches!)

magustoad

Post by magustoad »

No worries Ang. Take the time you need. :)

Ang
Former DL

Post by Ang »

And for my next trick...

My ceiling collapsed this weekend.

I swear, I'm cursed. I'm never getting sewing done EVER.

magustoad

Post by magustoad »

Did you thwack a spiteful gypsy queen in the face with your 'pike once or something? :o

Ang
Former DL

Post by Ang »

and now....

My supplier discontinued the velvet I was ordering.

A month after I sent them $300 for new bolts of fabric they tell me this.

*sigh*

Just shoot me now.

Kato

Post by Kato »

Hey Ang, at least the supplier informed you about the discontinued velvet. Hope you can find another supplier. Guess I'll just have to work on the other components of my costume. Hope you also got the $300 back from them.