Compare/Contrast: Ski pole or Pool Cue

Bookemdano

Re: Compare/Contrast: Ski pole or Pool Cue

Post by Bookemdano »

Its in the AOTC/ROTS pike section. It'll be slightly different but for the most part its should be close. Heres a link to the thread

http://kaminobase.com/forcepike/forum/v ... ?f=28&t=13

TR6386
TKID: 6386

Post by TR6386 »

Bookemdano wrote:I'm following Skel's tutorial and found a pole close to what he got. I was in Walmart the other day and just happened to see 1 Shakespere Durango pole and picked it up for $7.95. Only difference is the one I found is a 13' and is 4 section instead of 10' and 3 section.

Its light as can be, just need to get the part from Lowes. Only problem is that shipping is more than the part and the closest one is 4 hrs away

That's exactly what I did...and yea...the backflow part I found on amazon and shipping cost almost as much or more than the part >.<
Makaze Squad - Florida Garrison
"Your tongues can't repel flavor of that magnitude!"

A Hopeful Trooper

Post by A Hopeful Trooper »

Wicked good tutorial, man. I am now seriously torn between the two! Just bought a two-piece pool cue from wal-mart, and I have 4 different ski poles. Can't decide. maybe I'll make two...
"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." -- Tom Clancy
:trsuit: > :suitup:

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Skel Had a good reference on the pike to go from ;) So I had him tweek my old design and make me a new one ;) Now to just get that "ON" switch to work :)
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

LuciousTalvloinne wrote:Skel Had a good reference on the pike to go from ;) So I had him tweek my old design and make me a new one ;) Now to just get that "ON" switch to work :)
I have considered getting one of those joke pens that shock you and intergrating it into the design...but that's a lot of work for a limited payout :)

A Hopeful Trooper

Post by A Hopeful Trooper »

JesterTDA wrote: I have considered getting one of those joke pens that shock you and intergrating it into the design...but that's a lot of work for a limited payout :)
I have too thought of this, and I don't think it would be too hard for either the ski pole or pool cue. All you would need to do is remove the actual tip and electonics from the pen and slide it into a slit carved out, then fill with 5 minute epoxy. Battery changing would be an issue though...
"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." -- Tom Clancy
:trsuit: > :suitup:

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

I'm going to say that "shocking pike" is not the best idea. What could seam like a cute joke could come into some serious allegations.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Darth Skellington
TKID: 5932

Post by Darth Skellington »

Thanks for the props on my Pike Tutorial. :) I know a number of people have had trouble finding the smaller size fishing pole that I used. You can use a larger pole...just be aware that I chose this smaller pole because almost all the other parts I used fit perfectly over it. If you upsize the pole...you may need to substitute larger parts for the everything else on the pike. This may work great for you...or it may cause you more work. Just a FYI. ;)
Warren Jacobsen - TR-5932
I am the who when you call -- who's there?
I am the wind blowing through your hair.