Need Help reviewing my build

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Revenge of the Sith

RedWraith
Detachment Costume Advisor
TKID: 45970

Re: Need Help reviewing my build

Post by RedWraith »

One suggestion if you do end up going down the AOTC route and need the burgundy/wine coloured suede gloves is to get the ones from Keep Trooping (https://keeptrooping.com/product/guardian-glove/). They are pricey but are the right colour and design. By all means try the dye option first, but if that doesn't work out for whatever reason, at least you have a backup option.

Hope this helps, and all the best with your build whatever you decide!

byun21

Post by byun21 »

Thank you for the link! I will definitely try to dye first and see if it is remotely acceptable. I will definitely fall back on the proper gloves if it doesn’t pan out.

OMG is the keeptrooping imperial guard robe valid for 501st approval?! I could have saved so much time and effort…

RedWraith
Detachment Costume Advisor
TKID: 45970

Post by RedWraith »

No worries, glad to assist. All the best with the dyeing process.

Yes, many of us (myself included) have been approved with Keep Trooping (formerly Imperial Boots) guard robes. Their version is specifically for the ROTJ Royal Guards (so only one slit for the right arm for example), but they're high quality robes and provide all the necessary soft parts if you buy a full set. The business is run by a 501st member whose aim is to make his work approvable, but as with everything the robes need to be tailored to fit the individual (width and length in particular).

byun21

Post by byun21 »

I did some touch ups on 2 outfits because I can't get the colors right. Here are 2 pictures of each set with 2 different gloves (R is leather, L is suede).
Both robes have 2 openings at this time. This may cause some confusion for it half sounds like a AOTC build instead of a ROTS build. I will make adjustments based on recommendations/suggestions here.
IMG_2013.jpg
IMG_2013.jpg (2.41 MiB) Viewed 79 times
IMG_2010.jpg
IMG_2010.jpg (2.24 MiB) Viewed 79 times
Here is the sash I made and the inner robe as well.
IMG_1999.jpg
IMG_1999.jpg (1.39 MiB) Viewed 79 times
The lighter outer robe has an inner lining that "matches" the inner robe. The darker outer robe has a lining that is noticeably darker than the inner robe.
Though the picture for the lighter outer robe appears short, it is 1 inch from the ground when arms are lowered.
Thanks for any feedback!