Need Help - Helmet Gap

As seen in the video game "The Force Unleashed". Now an approved costume!

Jarka Ruus
TKID: 22740

Need Help - Helmet Gap

Post by Jarka Ruus »

What do you do to allow the helmet to rest all the way down on the shoulders?
The front lower point on my helmet rests on the chest armor, raising the helmet up.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rNFHqR ... sp=sharing

Jarka Ruus

Re: Need Help - Helmet Gap

Post by Jarka Ruus »

No ideas?

ugcspawn
TKID: 29030

Post by ugcspawn »

i had/have the same issue, and by looking at trooping pics, a lot of us are in the same boat. I was able to correct mine a bit by removing the return edge on the helmet as much as I could, by lowering/trimming the top of the height of the abs plate and by removing a bit more return edge on the lower portion of the chest armor. That way, the angle of the chest plate is reduced, and the helmet can go lower. You could also lower the chest plate to a certain point. Go and browse the pics in the SPD detatchment in FB, there was a big troop with alot of different guards. You will see that some have the helmet raised, some are perfect, and even someone with the chest armor so low there is almost no abs plate.

Jarka Ruus

Post by Jarka Ruus »

Thank you, I'll look for the SPD on FB. Since this kit is not yet approved, I am doing the research before i start cutting. ;)

ugcspawn
TKID: 29030

Post by ugcspawn »

I have a few pictures that I need to upload in the Holidays on my WIP. One will address this. Keep an eye open!

Jarka Ruus

Post by Jarka Ruus »

Thank you for the support! I am officially approved! One major detail was in the fit of the chest armor. When the XL piece came in I trimmed the shoulder strap bits down some and mounted the piece a bit lower on my chest. This let my helmet sit 1/2" lower. :shadow:

Gree23
TKID: 21523

Post by Gree23 »

Congrats on your approval! I am currently working on my kit as well and glad to see I am not the only one with this issue. I am a bigger guy and so its hard to get the chest/back to sink into the helmet shroud like it should. but I have found that if I raise my shoulders slightly, it also takes up the space, at least for submissions.

Shikkakku
Detachment Leader
TKID: 63613

Post by Shikkakku »

Jarka Ruus wrote: ↑Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:20 pm Thank you for the support! I am officially approved! One major detail was in the fit of the chest armor. When the XL piece came in I trimmed the shoulder strap bits down some and mounted the piece a bit lower on my chest. This let my helmet sit 1/2" lower. :shadow:
Congrats on your approval! Please go ahead and post in the access request thread so we can get you sorted with detachment access. :shadow:

TR-63613- Shikkakku
Paolo M Uy---- "Non Nobis Solum Nati Sumus"

Sovereign Protectors PR- 2020-2021, 2023-2024
Sovereign Protectors DCA: Praetorian Guard- 2021-2024
Sovereign Protectors Detachment Leader: 2024-2025