Shadowguard Armor and undersuit

For patterns, discussion on materials, and places to buy guard related items

Hammer of Hell
TKID: 91893

Shadowguard Armor and undersuit

Post by Hammer of Hell »

Hey gang!

I'm just getting started and want to do a matte shadowguard! I figure it's probably best to get the undersuit first then go outwards from there, but wasn't sure if there was a recommended maker?

Also in terms of the armor, I'm stateside but I'd like an alternative to WTF if possible?

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

ugcspawn
TKID: 29030

Re: Shadowguard Armor and undersuit

Post by ugcspawn »

undersuit, quite easy: red kap coverall or any one piece coverall. As for the armor, RWA creation is the only other that I know that makes it.

Hammer of Hell

Post by Hammer of Hell »

I....never thought it would be so simple lol I suppose any pockets would be hidden. Thank you!

ugcspawn

Post by ugcspawn »

the chest and butt pockets are fairly easy to remove, but with the kama and the chest piece, I'm not sure they would show up anyway. You will have to sew shut the waist pocket though.

Hammer of Hell

Post by Hammer of Hell »

ugcspawn wrote:the chest and butt pockets are fairly easy to remove, but with the kama and the chest piece, I'm not sure they would show up anyway. You will have to sew shut the waist pocket though.
Understood! I've got the suit on the way and I'll see what can be done there. Thank you!

bennroe

Post by bennroe »

After looking around for a good long while, I ended up buying the Engine Intake Suit Coveralls on this page: https://www.militarysupplyhouse.com/coverallsus1.htm

They're made of high-quality ripstop material, and have no pockets that need removal. They're a little more expensive than the Red Kap suits, but still very affordable compared to many alternatives and costumes.

ugcspawn

Post by ugcspawn »

on the right picture, it looks like it,s 2 tones/has strips. Is it ?

bennroe

Post by bennroe »

No! It's a ripstop material, so it has that reinforced stitching to prevent tears. I'm not sure why it's so visible in that second picture. Must be a crazy flash, or something. In-person, it's completely imperceptible unless you're looking at the material from mere inches away. There's no colour difference whatsoever. It's more texture than visuals, and it's entirely functional.

Here's my one, for reference (the boots are not a final part of the costume):