WIP Guard

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

Dc2k5

WIP Guard

Post by Dc2k5 »

Hey all.
Working on getting a guard outfit together. Here's a couple of pics of how it's going. Have a rubies helmet. Going to bring it up a few shades lighter. Visor already changed.

Need to also invest in a helmet fan.
Attachments
IMG_2539.jpg
IMG_2539.jpg (711.94 KiB) Viewed 463 times
IMG_2540.jpg
IMG_2540.jpg (566.87 KiB) Viewed 463 times

Qaos
TKID: 16019

Re: WIP Guard

Post by Qaos »

Looks pretty good.
Unfortunately there's not much activity in this forum lately.
Can I ask where you got your gloves?
I'm working on my WIP as well and got all the basics from Keep Trooping. It's all pretty solid but found the gloves to be a little short. I'm sure I can get approval but they come out from under the sleeves easily.
I'm having a hard time finding longer burgundy suede gloves. Everything I find is leather which is not approvable.

Dc2k5

Post by Dc2k5 »

Exactly the same issue here. I got the keep trooping gloves and I feel they are too short.
I mean I'm sure I can get approval with them as they do cover the wrist most of the time. But I would prefer something longer so it isn't a worry.

What I'm going to try is, I have a pair of red royal guard gloves coming from Crowprops (already asked them if they can do burgundy but they said no) and I plan on using burgundy suede dye to alter them.

I'll let you know how I go.

Qaos
TKID: 16019

Post by Qaos »

I'll be interested to know how that works. I found some womens gloves that would work but the largest size is always sold out and they're $200.
There's just not much interest in royal guard costumes which makes it difficult.
I have a couple fans in my helmet which provides some relief but still find it quite claustrophobic.

IcyTrooper
TKID: 14631

Post by IcyTrooper »

Looks good!
TK/TX/TI/IC/IG/TA/TS/TD/TR/BH-14631
70th Explorers GML
Spec Ops Detachment DL