Discussion: Soft Parts

Shikkakku
Detachment Leader
TKID: 63613

Re: Discussion: Soft Parts

Post by Shikkakku »

andyman97 wrote: ↑Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:41 pm If the intent is to use a single layer for a thicker material and a double layer for a thinner material, I'd suggest mentioning that. As it reads now, there is only a mention that Ultrasuede and single layer is required for level 2, which means that either/or both could apply to basic, especially considering there is still verbiage for basic about a raw edge.

I'd suggest something along the lines of:

-For material with an approximate thickness of 1 mm, a single layer of material with a raw edge will be used
-For material with an approximate thickness of .5mm or less, a double layer of material will be used
Again, my allergy to specific measurements with this CRL strikes again, and I've consulted with other members of DCS and we feel that this is getting too specific- we don't expect GMLs and costumers to break out the calipers to measure 0.5-1mm.

Having the CRL written this way allows for greater flexibility within the guidelines for L1, to allow for microsuede/ponte de roma/whatever fabric the costumer chooses to either be 1 or 2 layer, to get the right look. However, for L2 we know that ultrasuede was used as a single layer, so a double layer would be inaccurate, thus it would be restricted to a single layer.

In the end, the costumer and GML is free to consult with DCA/DCS to clarify, that's what we're here for.

TR-63613- Shikkakku
Paolo M Uy---- "Non Nobis Solum Nati Sumus"

Sovereign Protectors PR- 2020-2021, 2023-2024
Sovereign Protectors DCA: Praetorian Guard- 2021-2024
Sovereign Protectors Detachment Leader: 2024-2025