Blaster, Holster and ... BALDRIC

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Revenge of the Sith

Darth Skellington
TKID: 5932

Re: Blaster, Holster and ... BALDRIC

Post by Darth Skellington »

I also have a quick suggestion, although it may not apply well to you. On a couple troops, I have worn a normal leather belt, and then worn my velvet sash over it. This provides me with a heavy duty leather belt to clip things to (water bottle, camera, possibly a holster, etc), while at the same time not detracting from the velvet sash look.
Warren Jacobsen - TR-5932
I am the who when you call -- who's there?
I am the wind blowing through your hair.

tkid7248
TKID: 7248

Post by tkid7248 »

Thanks for both tips, Skel! On a related note I just returned from a four day vacation in Bangkok where among other things I found a bootery. Should be expecting my order to ship around en of this month and if it's good I'll post it up here for your comments. I'm not sure if we'll ever have a "Detachment Outing" to Bangkok but if we do I'll definitely be there to bring you guys around to savour the vices of gluttony (Anotai, MK, Siam Kitchen), sloth (3-hour spa sessions!) and avarice (tailoring, shopping for fabrics and so on).
TR7248, Singapore Garrison

psujedi27
TKID: 2398

Post by psujedi27 »

Sorry I'm late to the party to chime in on this but I'm right on with Skell.

I use a regulation Imperial Officer belt with my Guard. That is sturdy enough for my speaker box and for my holster. I normally wear my holster in the middle of my back. REASON: It can not be seen. In the screen shots I've seen for the ROTS version, there is no pistol/holster visible.

Out of sight, out of mind.....unless the poo-doo hits the fan!
Andrew Marzka
Garrison Carida Merchandising Team
TR/SL/TX/TR/ID 2398

"An Imperial Guard never seeks special privileges. Ever. His entire goal in life is to serve the Emperor, and the New Order he created. His goal in life, and his desire in death." - Major Tierce

tkid7248

Post by tkid7248 »

Hey Andrew is your IMPO-RG belt still a black leather or did you manage to make it burgundy velvet?

psujedi27
TKID: 2398

Post by psujedi27 »

The IMPO belt is black leather. What I failed to mention is that I put my sash over the black leather belt. I have the back folded under itself so there is room for the holster, and the sash attaches with velcro to itself.
Andrew Marzka
Garrison Carida Merchandising Team
TR/SL/TX/TR/ID 2398

"An Imperial Guard never seeks special privileges. Ever. His entire goal in life is to serve the Emperor, and the New Order he created. His goal in life, and his desire in death." - Major Tierce

tkid7248

Post by tkid7248 »

Good idea ... I think I'll do just that for St Paddy's. Just hope it doesn't rain. The blaster I got has bubbles in the resin including the front tip and one big one at the eye end of the scope. Used pliers to "open" the big bubble and sanded most of the paint off the silver front portion. Will be applying epo-putty tonight and hopefully I'll have it done in time for Sunday.

tkid7248

Post by tkid7248 »

Have done a troop with leather belt (not a baldric) with holster and DH-17. Here's a piccie at a deliberately low resolution, to simulate casual encounter:

The robe was deliberately tucked to show the handle. Not too bad, I hope?

Darth Skellington
TKID: 5932

Post by Darth Skellington »

Looks good to me 7248! Hmm....now I want a holster. :P
Warren Jacobsen - TR-5932
I am the who when you call -- who's there?
I am the wind blowing through your hair.

tkid7248

Post by tkid7248 »

Design is the same as the TK holster.