Helmet Split Mould

For modifying the Don Post helmet, adding the extras for a Crimson Empire helmet, as well as painting, padding, speakers, fans, etc.

nzjedi

Helmet Split Mould

Post by nzjedi »

Hi All,

A while back, my beautiful mint condition DP helmet fell off its mannequin, and cracked across its visor :( I was very upset. Knowing I didn't have a snowballs chance in hell of getting it replaced (the helmets are rare in NZ) I called my insurance company to see if it was covered. Good news was they said yes BUT... they valued it based on the price of one that had sold in the UK on Ebay for about 35 sterling.. Needless to say, I told them that was horsepoo and, the only way I'd accept a pay out based on the UK price would be if they could find one purchase it and bring it to NZ for that amount of money.. (haha take that insurance company) In which case, I'd prefer the helmet anyway. So the only agreement we could come to was, the insurance company would pay to have the thing repaired. I found a fiberglassing workshop to do the job. They remade the helmet for me in fiberglass, and they let me keep the mould. This all happened a year or so back, and the mould has sat in a box, collecting dust. Personally, I hate fibreglassing, and have no intention of using the mould but, I thought I'd offer it up here, thinking maybe someone here may want it? I don't know a great deal about hard casting but, I'd say the mould would be good for at least a few pulls. The tooling coat has a few small chips along its seam but, I'm told this is pretty normal in hard moulds and can be taken care of with wax.
The mould really isn't worth a lot to me, I cant use it so, if anyone wants to knock out a few helmets, Ill let the thing go for 120 plus the shipping. (shipping to the states is about 45 with insurance)
Also, just a quick note, I hope its ok to post this, I don't think it counts as the bad kind of recasting, the helmets have been out of license and production for over 15 years. ANyway, if anyone is keen, feel free to flick me a PM
Cheers people :trsuit:

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Helmet Split Mould

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

PM sent
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

nzjedi

Re: Helmet Split Mould

Post by nzjedi »

Got it :)