Is Imperial Boots "Guardian Robes" 501st approved?

For patterns, discussion on materials, and places to buy guard related items

ThayerY

Is Imperial Boots "Guardian Robes" 501st approved?

Post by ThayerY »

They seem up to standard from what I can see. This is them https://www.imperialboots.com/product/guardian-robe/ Obviously they will possibly need modification to fit right, but are they 501st quality? The current "wave" ends soon so if you know for sure that they are good then let me know soon please so I can order. Thanks,

-Thayer Y

OCD_Chad
TKID: 56868

Re: Is Imperial Boots "Guardian Robes" 501st approved?

Post by OCD_Chad »

There are current members that have been approved with their robes.

Crimson8
TKID: 18887

Post by Crimson8 »

Imperial Boots robes are approvable as others have been approved. The robe colour must match the bucket so it's advisable to get the robes first then the bucket can be painted to correct colour.
AUSSIE AOTC ROYAL GUARD: Raising the forcepike in Tasmania

Erice3339
TKID: 14056

Post by Erice3339 »

As Scott and Chad have said, they are indeed approvable. I have them myself and like them. Approved in December in the Florida Garrison. As you acknowledged, they will need to be altered to fit your height, but, unless you are exceptionally tall, there should be plenty of fabric to work with. Hope to see you join the SP soon!

ANH TK (Stunt)
ROTJ Royal Guard
ROTJ Boba Fett
Biker Scout

Crimson8

Post by Crimson8 »

Thanks Erice
May I ask if you know anything about the inner robe. I haven't come across one from IB before.

Erice3339
TKID: 14056

Post by Erice3339 »

CrimsonGuard wrote:Thanks Erice
May I ask if you know anything about the inner robe. I haven't come across one from IB before.
No problem, Scott. The IB set comes with both the inner and outer robes. There is no way to purchase them individually on the website, but Vincent might make an exception if one were to email him.

That said, I like the inner robes even better than the outer robes. I have a thread with my thoughts on the outer robes, but, as far as the inner robes go, they are crafted with 100% velveteen per the website. The zipper in the back has held up since I first got them. Fit just fine in the shoulders, and I did hem them for height.

The only caveat with both the inner and outer robes on the website is that, despite not mentioning it in the product description, the small size does have a maximum height of about 5’5 or so. I can retrieve the exact max height from my email inbox if need be. I had to send my first order back because there was not enough fabric. To save yourself the headache, I’d ask about the heights up front if you are considering a purchase. The heights, for whatever reason, are not included in the size chart on the IB website because it is presumed there will be extra fabric to work with, but that’s apparently not the case in my experience. I’m tall(er) but thin so the dimensions of the small robes matched my body type, but the robe length was still insufficient for approval. The medium robes worked fine for me, and I’m 5’10.

If you would like any further info., feel free to message me here or on Facebook. I can provide pictures as desired.

ANH TK (Stunt)
ROTJ Royal Guard
ROTJ Boba Fett
Biker Scout

ThayerY

Post by ThayerY »

I got the Imperial Boots robes and they should work just fine once I have them hemmed. I am going to wait until I have my boots before I do that however so they are the right height. My next question is, where should I get RotJ gloves and boots? The Imperial boots ones only go up to a size 12.5 for U.S. mens and I normally wear a size 13 to 14 mens and I also have huge hands so I am a little worried about them fitting me right. I found Crowprops and I have heard good things about them, especially the fact that they make the product to fit your measurements. On their website it says to contact them if you would prefer cheaper but slower shipping, so I did a few days ago and still haven't heard anything back which makes me a little skeptical. The default shipping price is way more than I would like to pay so I might just risk it and go with the Imperial Boots one if Crowprops never responds unless anyone has any other suggestions for where to get the gloves and boots.

movanin
TKID: 53441

Post by movanin »

I purchased my entire ROTJ costume from IB.
After the mentioned alterations, I was 501st approved.
Shipping was not too bad. Arrived with not damage and even included items like a bucket bag that was not part of the description on the site.

Crimson8

Post by Crimson8 »

It sounds like a positive experience overall so that is good news concerning IB. Thanks for letting us know.

OCD_Chad
TKID: 56868

Post by OCD_Chad »

Did any of you with their robes have the issue described here about the lining?
https://www.forcepike.net/forum/viewtop ... 4&start=10