Canadian ROTJ

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

Starwarsgeek18
TKID: 10565

Re: Canadian ROTJ

Post by Starwarsgeek18 »

All good Chris, things happen. Anyway, wrecking my brain, my thought process for getting my bucket painted now is getting a colour strip from a paint shop, matching to that, and then finding a match that way, as well as priming it, need to get an updated picture of my robes as well.

Crimson8
TKID: 18887

Post by Crimson8 »

Did you get the helmet painted? I thought a paint store could arrange it if you cant do it . They need to brush up on good customer service if they cant help.
Actualy i would take the helmet to a good paint store or hardware and get them to paint it. My outpost has a great painter so its no big deal to me and the team are always keen to help. Get advice from your garrison leader. Dont rush this as the bucket has to be perfect.
All the best with this build.
AUSSIE AOTC ROYAL GUARD: Raising the forcepike in Tasmania

Starwarsgeek18

Post by Starwarsgeek18 »

I'm unfortunately at a standstill due to weather conditions and time, winter seems to have come early out here.

werak
TKID: 0

Post by werak »

I'm also in the process of getting a RG costume together too. I'm on the finishing stages of painting the helmet. I'm just down in Bowmanville if you'd like to brain storm about it.

Starwarsgeek18

Post by Starwarsgeek18 »

I'd be up for that.

werak

Post by werak »

You ordered your soft parts from Imperial Boots didn't you? I've just ordered mine. Would you mind telling me how much Duty/taxes was?

Starwarsgeek18

Post by Starwarsgeek18 »

Unfortunately I can't remember, it's been too long, I don't think it was over a hundred bucks though.

Starwarsgeek18

Post by Starwarsgeek18 »

Holy, it's been a while since I've posted in here. Well, I finally got my bucket painted yesterday, and overall, I'm very happy, with absolutely no experience in spray painting, I'd say I did a very solid job. Image Image :tr:

werak

Post by werak »

Way to go. Got mine all done back in March and got it approved, just in time for all the cons to be cancelled, so no trooping. Oh well maybe next yeat.