Bucket Advice

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

magpie
TKID: 25881

Bucket Advice

Post by magpie »

Based on the "Vetted Makers" thread, I just purchased my RG robes from Imperial Boots in their current wave. Now I need to get my helmet.

I am under the impression that I should go with either Lukannon's Armory or Korbanth Sabers if I don't want to do that much modifying on my own, since the threads on Rubies' seem to imply that it will need work after it arrives. I am inclined to go with Korbanth, both because it is in stock and because I have a big head, so the larger size may make it more comfortable for me.

One of the things I am really unsure about, regardless of the maker, is whether I should order the bucket painted or unpainted. I know the robes and helmet need to match in color, so does anyone have experience in how the Imperial Boot robes match the color of any of the maker's helmets? I have no idea how to go about painting a helmet, so I would like to avoid it if possible, but I would also hate to spend the extra money to then have to paint it anyway.

Any and all advice more than welcome! :trsuit:

Kemen
TKID: 63982

Re: Bucket Advice

Post by Kemen »

You really cant beat Luke bucket imo. I have a relatively large head, i take a 7 5/8 cap. I really cant comment on the Imperial boots robes, my wife and I designed and made mine from picture references and CRL for compliance.
I also own a Rubies, they are huge, and they just dont sit right. The back tends to flair out and not sit flat. You will also need to redo the visor.
Kemen

OCD_Chad
TKID: 56868

Post by OCD_Chad »

On the far left is my Korbanth as it came from them. The one to my immediate right is a Lukannon. I don't think you will have a problem getting approved with either.

magpie

Post by magpie »

Thanks, that’s really helpful. Any thoughts on the color match with Imperial Boots?

OCD_Chad
TKID: 56868

Post by OCD_Chad »

magpie wrote:Thanks, that’s really helpful. Any thoughts on the color match with Imperial Boots?
Based on their pictures on their website I think a Lukannon or Korbanth will work.

magpie

Post by magpie »

Thanks!

Crimson8
TKID: 18887

Post by Crimson8 »

How did you go with the bucket? Definitely recommend whats already been suggested . Theres a lot more options since i got mine back in 2016. :trsuit:
AUSSIE AOTC ROYAL GUARD: Raising the forcepike in Tasmania