Rubies Pike with 3D changes

iceknyght
TKID: 81175

Rubies Pike with 3D changes

Post by iceknyght »

So, I decided to try something. I bought the Rubies pike (and like all the people that bought it on Amazon, it came broken, but I was expecting that) and decided to modify it with some 3D printing... I cut the main pike off (so it's just a tube), sanded down the handle/pommel area (especially the Rubies info that was raised) and then designed and printed a few replacement pieces: the tip, rings and the base (something to re-connect the tube to the handle). All the blue parts in the pics are the 3D printed pieces. I obviously still need to finish gluing, sand and paint (and I still may need to adjust a few pieces), but overall, I am liking it for a basic Force Pike. Also, when I am done, it will be able to come apart into 3 pieces for easy storing/transporting! :D

iceknyght

Re: Rubies Pike with 3D changes

Post by iceknyght »

Okay, finally dialed it in! Here's the final version (adjusted some dimensions and now prints in 4 pieces). The whole pike breaks down into 3 parts. The top pieces are glued together and will just pop on top of the main shaft. The bottom handle piece screws onto the handle (and glued into place), while the main shaft will slide down the plastic plug! Now I just need to finish prepping and paint it! :tr:

Talmor
TKID: 61212

Post by Talmor »

Man this looks great!

Do you mind sharing your 3D printer files?

I too have a Rubies that I keep as a back-up and it is in need of dire repairs and would love to add your 3D printed Mods to it. Tip and the slide on tube!

Very ingenious designing! :tr:

iceknyght

Post by iceknyght »

Thanks! :D

I couldn't find a pike I liked (that was still for sale) and decided to try something different! Plus, it's super light!

I can definitely post up the STL file once I get everything done! The sizing and tolerances are designed for my pike, so hopefully there isn't too much variances in each one... Although, when testing different sizes, sanding a little, or adding some plumbers tape did a nice job of making things fit until I changed some sizing measurements!

Proemetus

Post by Proemetus »

if you even share the non finished STL files, i would be glad to print it

iceknyght

Post by iceknyght »

Proemetus wrote:if you even share the non finished STL files, i would be glad to print it
Okay, this should be the final version. Hopefully it'll work for everyone!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xy024h1ml51zl ... l.stl?dl=0

And here's my Pike about 90% done. Still a couple more tweaks to the paint and I still need to clear coat the whole thing, but it's much better than what I started with, that's for sure!