Shadow Guard build

As seen in the video game "The Force Unleashed". Now an approved costume!

Shadowhawk01
TKID: 25106

Re: Shadow Guard build

Post by Shadowhawk01 »

It's been a little bit but I now have everything but my boots. I have gotten the trimming of the plastic finished and completed one of the gauntlets. I still need to fill and sand the seams on the first one. I have started on the second gauntlet using some of the lessons learned from the first one. I have cut down the shim tabs so I don't have the shaping issues I ran into on the first one. I have decided to go forward as a shadow guard instead of a senate guard for ease of painting.

I will be home on leave in November/December so I am hoping to get it painted and ready for approval once my boots arrive.

I picked up a stl file for the saberpike so that will be something I will work on after my approval. I do see one thing that I need to ask about. I have seen both long and short blades displayed on the saberpikes, what is the correct length for them? I plan to build it with light and sound to give it that extra bit of realism.

I had a really great conversation with Susanna Gomez one of the detachment mentors and she has given me a lot of helpful tips that I will be incorporating into my build once I get it painted and start adding the strapping. I am really looking forward to getting this finished and approved. :shadow:

Mortty
TKID: 17071

Post by Mortty »

Only some pics on snaps / straps, kama and helmet tips to linen bottom to avoid helmet scratching chest. Or chest scratching ab plate. Pics on helmets fans.... I'm sure any of the guys could have help you with that.
As you can see everyone is willing to help!

Shadowhawk01
TKID: 25106

Post by Shadowhawk01 »

Mortty wrote:Only some pics on snaps / straps, kama and helmet tips to linen bottom to avoid helmet scratching chest. Or chest scratching ab plate. Pics on helmets fans.... I'm sure any of the guys could have help you with that.
As you can see everyone is willing to help!
True, but you reached out and said hello and I really respected that. Your tips and images you gave me really helped me set up a plan for that part. The idea for the cloth on the back side of the armor pieces to prevent the paint from scratching was something I never would have thought of.