Theoretical Glaive Functions

Draft808

Theoretical Glaive Functions

Post by Draft808 »

I was reviewing the Crimson Empire comics for reference images and was noticing the inconsistent construction of the glaive. At times both cutting edges face the same direction, at others they are oriented in opposite. Same for the fins on the emitter/pommel.

Was there ever an official explanation? In univers or otherwise?

Or, as I suspect, is the blade orientation not static while in use. Say there’s an accelerometer to rotate the blade edge to face the direction of movement, perhaps?

Thought I’d check in and share this odd theory. Could sure make for an involved and fancy prop build.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Theoretical Glaive Functions

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Alot of it just comes down to artist inconsistencies in drawing. Different artist will draw things differently. My fins on my glaive are in a \ / position vs a / \ position. Also same with the blades. Really just depends on the fighting style.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard