TR 1841 v.2.0.1

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

COVERT

TR 1841 v.2.0.1

Post by COVERT »

Gonna try and be simple,

OK, Here's what I would like to do. My ORIGINAL costume v1.0 (see signature pic) finally succumbed to the Florida summer this year, and I was out of commission since the week after SWW at Disney. v2.0 has a new inner robe, and I now have a new bucket, (see pics here http://www.fl501st.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13548) and eventually will go with just one arm slit. But what I really want to tackle is the idea of adding the armored look underneath. Two reasons for this:

1. I hear that it can be done but not required.
2. The new helmet is a shade larger than the original Don Post I had, and now there is a gap in front and back.

I feel that the new helmet would sit more flush against a chest plate, or shoulder pads or something. The new mask really looks terrific so it would be a shame to not get this right. Any ideas here?

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: TR 1841 v.2.0.1

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

If your going to go armour route. You need to use the Crimson Empire standard. But on that same note, the armour is only for non LFL related events. So if you where to say be at an LFL function like SWW then you would required to wear the under robes. Also as an option you can place some padding under your under robes in the chest and shoulders to broaden your look.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

COVERT

Post by COVERT »

Gotcha. Thx.

Befallen

Post by Befallen »

Might want to get a different under robe. Your matrix type isn't part of the standards and it not being velvet also hurts.

Also should look at adding a lining to you outer robe.

If you want reference pictures for anyone else, I can provide them from a troop covert and I did together on the 11/22/09. Which I still need to upload anyway so perhaps I will just add a link to this post tomorrow.

Darth Skellington
TKID: 5932

Post by Darth Skellington »

Yeah, the armored or "fake-armored" look is non-cannon....so you could wear for most normal events. Really, the best way to do it, short of actually wearing some type of armor (star wars armor or sports armor/padding), is to just use some shoulder padding. I myself have a bit of a gap in the front, so I just found some padding and pinned it just below my neckline to help fill out the gap. My pad is literally a carseat headrest cushion from an old infant carseat display I threw away at work.

Not having seen any other photos of your suit, I can only recommend that if you are upgrading, you should do yuo best to meet current standards. Outer robes must be lined (yeah, I know that sucks in Florida heat). Inner robes don't have to be velvet but it is strongly encouraged, and should resemble a Vietnamese Ao Dai tunic/pants.

Let us know if you need help with anything....I know it's confusing trying to keep it all straight.
Warren Jacobsen - TR-5932
I am the who when you call -- who's there?
I am the wind blowing through your hair.

Befallen

Post by Befallen »

With work and a recent love interest I have not had time to put up event photos. Tonight I will be starting the process of receiwing the 400+ pics taken

Befallen

Post by Befallen »

Well, here is the link from our last event, I tried to get a few of the good shots on the first page since 360 pictures were taken, but feel free to go throu them

http://s447.photobucket.com/albums/qq19 ... da%20Mall/

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

whos the other guard?
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Befallen

Post by Befallen »

If you are referring to my link i provided then covert is on the left, I am on the right.