Superhero boots?

For patterns, discussion on materials, and places to buy guard related items

VedicDragon

Superhero boots?

Post by VedicDragon »

Can anyone tell me if these boots would make spec?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... MEWAX%3AIT

Darth Skellington
TKID: 5932

Re: Superhero boots?

Post by Darth Skellington »

I don't think so. First off....these boots do not meet costume requirements. A ROTJ/ROTS Guard boot should be a red (or reddish) suede material, it should have a neutral or red sole, and should have a flat bottom (no heel...or a very small heel). It should also have a plain top....although if you could meet all the other requirement no one would care about the top.

The superhero boot idea has been brought up in the past and rejected for the above reasons. The boot you have found is a very nice example of the super-hero boot though. I've seen poorer versions be suggested.

Red suede boots are very difficult to find. For that reason, black jack boots (AOTC style) are acceptable for ROTJ or ROTS applications...with the strong suggestion that one upgrade to a red suede boot once you find some.

IMO, it would be better to wear movie-accurate AOTC black boots with your guard until such time as you can find acceptable red boots, that to wear incorrect boots that don't match any guard costume.

Lucious....I think I'm accurate in my above assessment...can you confirm or deny the acceptability of these boots? Also, can you provide a link to your suead boot source? While they are only ankle high, Lucious has found red suede boots.
Warren Jacobsen - TR-5932
I am the who when you call -- who's there?
I am the wind blowing through your hair.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Superhero boots?

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Magna Prime along with me have found red suede boots that where accepted. But at this time the vendor is not carrying them. Good news is I talked with a prop master that I'm friends with who is helping me with the suede boot issues. More on this as I get info to them.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard