Master list of where to find boots...

For patterns, discussion on materials, and places to buy guard related items

TK9115
TKID: 0

Master list of where to find boots...

Post by TK9115 »

The linky to the boots we had found that were suitable no longer takes us to the the boots , so I assume after unseccessfully searching their site tehy are no longer available.

I have found the following which I've ordered simpy to see what they are like for fit, sizes and delivery (based in China!!) Toes could be better but then for the larger feeted not having pointy toes = more room. (Girls correct me if I'm wrong!)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT

Will let you know how it goes.
Craig

Craig 'TK9115' Johnson
UKG Royal Guard Armourer

'Loyalty Never Dies!'

TK9115

Re: Master list of where to find boots...

Post by TK9115 »

Hmmmm.....

Found these. OK for the larger footed guards? Opinions please. Think these are pretty good. Hell could be lower but so long as they have a rubber sole to deaden the clip clopping and do somethign about the black elastic. i'd probably recommend clearing a guard with these on.

http://www.parrisshoes.com/gianna-red-s ... t-23-p.asp

UK 8-12 too.

(Guess what I'm doing tonight!!)
Craig

Craig 'TK9115' Johnson
UKG Royal Guard Armourer

'Loyalty Never Dies!'

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

I saw that Craig. I will be doing research this weekend to find out options on this. Those will work but you run into the problem of the size ratio for the guards on the feet. I will be looking to see if we need to come up with like what BikerScout.net did with the the custom boots. I will have an answer by Saturday night.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

TK9115

Post by TK9115 »

LuciousTalvloinne wrote:I saw that Craig. I will be doing research this weekend to find out options on this. Those will work but you run into the problem of the size ratio for the guards on the feet. I will be looking to see if we need to come up with like what BikerScout.net did with the the custom boots. I will have an answer by Saturday night.
Sorry mate, not sure what you mean by "Those will work but you run into the problem of the size ratio for the guards on the feet."?

Are you referring to US/UK sizing?
And which boots are you referring to specifically? (or both?)

Need to get some others as got a few guards to be struggling in UKG with boots. 4 and counting, not all of whom are on here (yet!)

Look forward to see what your thinking on the biker style- I take it its a red suede covered boot set up? Interesting...most interesting...
Craig

Craig 'TK9115' Johnson
UKG Royal Guard Armourer

'Loyalty Never Dies!'

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

As a heads up you are allowed to gain access to 501st in your royal guard with the German Jack Boots. So this is an alternative until I can get some good sources for Red Boots
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Sheppy

Post by Sheppy »

Was wondering if these boots are any good? I know they toe could be pointer and the black sole is a lot at the bottom.
http://www.6pm.com/khombu-olivia-red
http://www.6pm.com/lassen-brenda-red-cow-suede

I use to be active royal guard and am now trying to get my Guard up to date and into spec.

Shep

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

I'm going to have to say no on both of those Sheppy. The XXXX style of the first is completely wrong. And the second really should be a pointed boot.

TK9115

Post by TK9115 »

I agree with the boots i.e. those are worng.

I know black jack boots are OK on a temporary basis but if there are options out there then people should be using them not just using boots that they may have. What we didnt want in drafting the CRLs was to prevent people from doing a IRG due to an item not being available.

What we also dont want however is people not being arsed to research much and take the easy option, never to revisit inappropriate items. How many other costumes get cleared pending upgrades?

So anymore thoughts on these folks as I said I'd recommend em in terms of visuals.

http://www.parrisshoes.com/gianna-red-s ... t-23-p.asp
Craig

Craig 'TK9115' Johnson
UKG Royal Guard Armourer

'Loyalty Never Dies!'

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

The only thing I'll say to those is if the black strip on the outside and be covered up with matching suede you got a winner. Good find.

Also these are women size shoes so these tend to be 2 sizes smaller than mens.