A Shadow Guard in TAG

As seen in the video game "The Force Unleashed". Now an approved costume!

Dark Guard
TKID: 19819

A Shadow Guard in TAG

Post by Dark Guard »

So, My shadow Guard build has commenced. :shadow:

Got a wampawear black flight suit, and have removed the pockets except for on the chest (i think they'll be hidden, but can easily and quickly be removed if they are visible)

Have some boots coming in in the next week or so (pics up as soon as i get them), and a wampa's Officer belt too.
A quick question in relation to the belt, does the silver stud/press stud nect to the belt buckle need to be removed? I would assume so, but I have seen pics with other Guards where it is still on.

:ani1:

AND FINALLY, placed my order today with Kamino Customs for the armor parts and Bucket. I thought about a pepakura build, but after a few small trials, decided I wasn't happy with the results.

for the Kama, is ther a set Pattern that should be used, or is each one designed custom to each individual trooper?

thanks for the help in Advance, And pics up as soon as i have some.

Luke.

delabane

Re: A Shadow Guard in TAG

Post by delabane »

Dark Guard wrote:So, My shadow Guard build has commenced. :shadow:

Got a wampawear black flight suit, and have removed the pockets except for on the chest (i think they'll be hidden, but can easily and quickly be removed if they are visible)

Have some boots coming in in the next week or so (pics up as soon as i get them), and a wampa's Officer belt too.
A quick question in relation to the belt, does the silver stud/press stud nect to the belt buckle need to be removed? I would assume so, but I have seen pics with other Guards where it is still on.

:ani1:

AND FINALLY, placed my order today with Kamino Customs for the armor parts and Bucket. I thought about a pepakura build, but after a few small trials, decided I wasn't happy with the results.

for the Kama, is ther a set Pattern that should be used, or is each one designed custom to each individual trooper?

thanks for the help in Advance, And pics up as soon as i have some.

Luke.
Hello There,

Also doing a Shadow Guard and a Royal Guard, funny enough I was removing the pockets from my body suit last night.

Got my helmets last week and love them.

I got my belt from Belting Imperials (Facebook) have not tried it on, as I am waiting for my armour (hopefully in March) before I make the hole in the leather. So can’t help you there yet.

As for the kama, this will be depend upon your size, it needs to go down to the length behind your knees and needs to be of the same material as your flight suit.

I was advised to use a Bistro Apron and managed to find one (http://www.ebay.com/itm/191823516656?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT) in 65%/35% polyester cotton, which is same materiel combination as my body suit. It’s too big, so I will just need to trim it down to my size.

Force Crush
TKID: 16851

Post by Force Crush »

Where did you buy your boots?

Dark Guard

Post by Dark Guard »

@ Force Crush, Boots were an ebay Buy,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/322004068190

pretty sure they have a zip on the inside calf, so wont meet level 3 CRL certifaction.
Pics up once they arrive.

Also picked up some Material for the Kama today, Identical finish to the flightsuit, But has a slight stretch to. not the worst thing in the world considering it will be an outer garment and will need to allow for movement. the stretch was very small though, maybe 2 - 3 cm across a 125 cm roll...

delabane

Post by delabane »

Any idea for you Force Sabre?

Dark Guard

Post by Dark Guard »

Hi all, sorry for the delay, due to Studies, Build got put on the back burner.

so i'm having issues finding the right boots. I did get some, but now i have them (yes, they have a zip on the inside), I'm not entirely happy they'll meet CRL approval. i have been looking around some more, and found these: http://www.sovietboots.com/home/10-offi ... eu_44_uk_9

they look good (i think) but am definately open to hearing other, more experienced peoples opinions. Thanks for all the help.. :shadow:

Dark Guard

Post by Dark Guard »

Hi all, been a long time between posts...

So, most of the soft parts are sorted now. Flight suit has had been moded accordingly, Got some awesome boots from Soviet boots. Now all I'm waiting on is the armour. been waiting nearly 9 months for the hard parts from Kamino Custom, so hope the armour is worth it.

Anyway, Until the armour arrives, this build is kinda on hold. been talking with Matt in the US about his Force Pike build, and He's Kindly doing one for me too. Looks awesome so far, But since there's no armour, There's no rush on the Pike either.

Anyway, as soon as something Happens, I'll be sure to update everyone.

Cheers, Luke. :shadow:

Force Crush

Post by Force Crush »

Dark Guard, the kama should have a trapezoid pattern. A French bistro apron should do the trick. Be sure to get one that is 40 inches long and 38 inches wide. Also, the boots you shared here are a good option. Zippers on the sides are OK. If you are short on money get some synthetic leather boots. If you have a big budget, buy some leather ones. They will last longer than the synthetic leather ones. If you can, please share some pictures of your work in progress so we can help you better and give some advice.

Force Crush

Post by Force Crush »

Dark Guard:
Check Ebay item number 331825655726. Those are the boots I bought. Yes, they're pricey but they are nice looking leather boots. If you take care of those boots, you'll have no problem in the future.