ROTJ Royal Guard Project- How to affix the sash?

For patterns, discussion on materials, and places to buy guard related items

PossiblyANinja

ROTJ Royal Guard Project- How to affix the sash?

Post by PossiblyANinja »

So I'm working on my costume, and looking around the forum I see a lot of people who have trouble keeping the sash in place with velcro or hooks & eyes. Would it still be acceptable if I sew the sash onto the inner robe, so that it would permanently stay on my waist?

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: ROTJ Royal Guard Project- How to affix the sash?

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Personally I would stay away from sewing on that. As you may need some give from time to time. As long as it looks correct in photos you are have your own personal leniency.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

PossiblyANinja

Post by PossiblyANinja »

Thank you very much. I wasn't sure how flexible these costumes could be while still being acceptable.

Greggvh
TKID: 51901

Post by Greggvh »

I had the same problem so I sewed belt loops onto the robe and onto the sash and i run a belt through each. This allowes the sash to have play in it but stay inplace. This also allowes me to have my dh-17 in holster and its hanging from the belt not sash

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

Having gone through several iterations of robes myself, my fiance and I have had velcro on the inner robe and belt that match up to keep the belt in place but also prevent fabric from slipping and stretching

IVLIANVS

Post by IVLIANVS »

I was cautioned against mixing Velcro with velvet. The "hook" side of it can wreak havoc on the nap of the velvet.

If you wanted something like that, an option might be to use snaps like these:
http://www.dritz.com/quilting-sewing-su ... sew-snaps/