Shadow Guard Armour

For patterns, discussion on materials, and places to buy guard related items

delabane

Shadow Guard Armour

Post by delabane »

Hello,

What is best for armour to be made of, ABS or Fiberglass?

Thanks

Force Crush
TKID: 16851

Re: Shadow Guard Armour

Post by Force Crush »

Hello there, brother!
ABS plastic is durable and light. I don't know how to repair and ABS armor but one of the folks here could help you with that.
Fiberglass armor is durable and strong, but it could be heavy. If broken you could repair it with some putty and you're ready to go. I hope this helps.

delabane

Post by delabane »

Force Crush wrote:Hello there, brother!
ABS plastic is durable and light. I don't know how to repair and ABS armor but one of the folks here could help you with that.
Fiberglass armor is durable and strong, but it could be heavy. If broken you could repair it with some putty and you're ready to go. I hope this helps.
Hello there!

many thanks for the reply. As I spoke with you the other night, I think I am going to go with fiberglass. When I think of ABS plastic, I think of the plastic boxes that grapes/other fruit comes in. While I am sure its ideal for a Stormtrooper, I am not so sure about a Shadow Guard. Plus with 3 children there is a chance one of them will want to see it, then another wants it before its then cracked!

Force Crush
TKID: 16851

Post by Force Crush »

It's always good to protect and investment. Try to Try to buy a big and sturdy crate and fill the insides with foam.