Royal Guard Helmet Seller on eBay

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

daedelus

Post by daedelus »

Have you guys seen the seller, He's one of the S. American sellers that makes the larger than Don Post helmets and accessories.

He's got the helmets, visors and internal padding for fairly good prices.

Q1: Is his helmet blank up to 501st spec?
Q2: What's the general opinion on the padding?

Thanks guys!

Mark

Darth Skellington
TKID: 5932

Post by Darth Skellington »

I have a FP painted helmet and I love it. You can see photos on my flickr account.....just look for the thread titled Submitted my 501st Application somewhere here on the boards.

Their unpainted helmets are a good price.....but you will pay about $120 shipping to the US....which is unavoidable.

The visors (which they make in large or Don Post size) are nice. I asked for mine unattached, so I could leave an air flow gap and attach it myself. I recommend using epoxy to attach it......duct tape and or hot glue just don't cut it by themselves. You also might take a hair dryer to the visor the first time you bend it...I was a tad worried I might accidentally break or damage it. Good visor though...easy to see through.

The padding came free with my super deluxe paint job.....I didn't even ask for it. I personally don't think I will be using it much unless I'm in cold weather.....kinda warm and claustrophobic for me. However, it does provide good padding. A SA Royal Guard helmet doesn't really need padding per se, but it does make it fit more snugly and not move front to back. What you may not see from their photos is that you get the "executioner's hood" style padding, plus you get a smaller beret-shaped pad that velcroes to the top of the hood. This provides that extra pad at the top that makes the helmet fit so well. Not sure if that is a recommendation or not, since I currently prefer not to use mine, but it does seem to serve a purpose.

As far as fogging goes, I don't know if the hood helps with that or not. Thanks to my small air gap on the bottom of my visor, I have virtually no fogging issues.
Warren Jacobsen - TR-5932
I am the who when you call -- who's there?
I am the wind blowing through your hair.

sl9911
TKID: 9911

Re: Royal Guard Helmet Seller on eBay

Post by sl9911 »

As an ebay seller I have not had any problems with him. I got my padding from him and also an alum force pike that is awesome. If it wasnt for the 120 bucks for shipping would look at the non finished one for a shadow guard. If I was going to get a new one it will probably be from him.

Strofmos

Post by Strofmos »

I've bought the costume and the helmet from him and I'm very happy about the quality of both.
The helmet fits nicely, even for those who don't fit in a DP.
The cloak is made of a thick, quality fabric.
In the costume you even get the fabric-belts and gloves, so I just needed to find boots when mine arrived.

psujedi27
TKID: 2398

Post by psujedi27 »

I have dealt with these guys on multiple occasions and have been very pleased. I have purchased the custom leather gloves, in red and black, as well as a custom Ep III outter robe. The craftsmans ship is excellent, and the shipping is a little high for my personal taste. My only complaint is timing. The promised to have the products done at a certain time and shipped it several weeks after their original target date. I think that most of it comes from a difference in culture, not a bad thing, just the way it is.

Otherwise, their stuff is great!!
Andrew Marzka
Garrison Carida Merchandising Team
TR/SL/TX/TR/ID 2398

"An Imperial Guard never seeks special privileges. Ever. His entire goal in life is to serve the Emperor, and the New Order he created. His goal in life, and his desire in death." - Major Tierce