Questions about the holster blaster. A necessary evil?

The Red Senate Guard costume as seen in Attack of the Clones

Crimson8
TKID: 18887

Questions about the holster blaster. A necessary evil?

Post by Crimson8 »

Sorry if this has been covered. I spent Hours reading all the threads about AOTC guard. I may be wrong but I believe if I choose to get hold of someone to construct a DH17 Blaster I will need a holster to put it in. If so how do I go about getting an approved holster? Or do these guards just hold them? Are there any links with photos of weapon and holster? That's it for the moment. :tr:
AUSSIE AOTC ROYAL GUARD: Raising the forcepike in Tasmania

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Questions about the holster blaster. A necessary evil?

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

The DH-17 is a Sidearm of the Royal Guards. The Reference would be that from the Crimson Empire Comics in which Kir Kanos Held. A leather Holster Designed To carry the Baster would be what your looking for.

To keep the Integrity of the cloth sash, Run a small Leather belt on the inside of the sash to hold the weight of hte holster and blaster.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Crimson8

Post by Crimson8 »

Thanks for that info. Most helpful. I am very set now on getting the blaster as it's easier to carry than the force pike. I might get both later but this is a good start.

cooldevo
TKID: 12380

Post by cooldevo »

Unless you are going to be carrying the blaster, it's not likely to be seen unless you are holding your outer robe out of the way. And for those that have only seen the movies, they won't register with the blaster and will only be familiar with the stoic Royal Guards standing there with their Force Pikes. Just something to keep in mind.

Force Pikes are pretty easy to make from scratch using a ski pole, pool cue, or fishing rod. Take a look at the WiPs in the Force Pike section here in the AOTC sub-forum. There is also a vendor here that sells them.

Crimson8

Post by Crimson8 »

cooldevo wrote:Unless you are going to be carrying the blaster, it's not likely to be seen unless you are holding your outer robe out of the way. And for those that have only seen the movies, they won't register with the blaster and will only be familiar with the stoic Royal Guards standing there with their Force Pikes. Just something to keep in mind.

Force Pikes are pretty easy to make from scratch using a ski pole, pool cue, or fishing rod. Take a look at the WiPs in the Force Pike section here in the AOTC sub-forum. There is also a vendor here that sells them.
Thanks for info. I like the fishing pole idea. I checked threads with making a pike and they look easy enough. Might make a blaster and Pike too. Its more fun. The 501st guys I hooked up with reckon they can 3D print weaponry.

Shadowmoon

Post by Shadowmoon »

On this topic does the holster HAVE to be red or black, there is no CRL guidance so open to interpretation?

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

I would go with the standard black that way if you are going to use it for another costume you don't have to worry about making another holster. The only Hoster that has to be Red for the DH-17 would that of Kir Kanos.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard