Building Royal Guard from ROTJ

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

Crimson8
TKID: 18887

Building Royal Guard from ROTJ

Post by Crimson8 »

indulging in a Costume build for a ROTJ ROYAL GUARD at the moment. It's great to realise this is definitely going to happen. Have my heart set on a Return of Jedi costume as I prefer OT than prequels. There are details that changed from movie to movie and I may need to bite the bullet and go for an AOTC build. But the thing that will make the difference is whether or not I can get hold of boots and gloves for OT guard. Should be a challenge. Any help appreciated.
AUSSIE AOTC ROYAL GUARD: Raising the forcepike in Tasmania

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Re: Building Royal Guard from ROTJ

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

IB sells boots and gloves for RotJ.

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Re: Building Royal Guard from ROTJ

Post by JesterTDA »

Black boots are perfectly acceptable for ROTJ.
Boots
For 501st approval:
Black, texture-less, leather/synthetic leather (non glossy) “Jack” boots", squared toe (rounded toe in ladies styles are acceptable), with a relatively conservative heel, no visible straps/buckles, or ornamental stitching; that reach high enough to cover the wearer's ankles are acceptable as a minimum due to the difficulty in acquiring red boots.
**OPTIONAL** Crimson red suede boots, pointed toe, with a relatively conservative heel. There are no visible straps, buckles, or ornamental stitching. The boots cover the wearer's ankles.