Red or Crimson

For patterns, discussion on materials, and places to buy guard related items

Darkwar
TKID: 24689

Red or Crimson

Post by Darkwar »

Hi Guys

I have been accepted into the 501st with a Reserve Pilot costume only a few weeks ago, so I am pretty excited to keep going.

I have been sitting in the forums for quite some time now and finally decided to go ahead with a red guard build, not sure which one yet but swinging towards AOTC version as this is similar to the Blue Senate Guard costume I have.

I was going through the CRL's and it says Crimson Velvet or Velveteen as the outer robe colour, now correct me if I'm wrong, but the Crimson I see in the fabric shops are not the same as what I see on the troops and Facebook pictures.

So a quick question, what colour is used on the outer robe

Thanks guys for your help :trsuit:

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Red or Crimson

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Velvets can come in several Dye hues. This would be an example of Crimson. Where this would be an example of Red. What it comes down to is color matching the Helmet with the fabric for the best unified result.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Darkwar
TKID: 24689

Post by Darkwar »

So what ever hue of crimson I get, match the helmet to the fabric colour and I can't go wrong.

Sounds fair

Thanks I will start looking for velvet

cooldevo
TKID: 12380

Post by cooldevo »

Exactly.

Or, if you are building your helmet from a kit and needs to be painted, match the helmet paint to the velvet you buy.