Icelander starting his Imperial Royal Guard and seeks help

For patterns, discussion on materials, and places to buy guard related items

Skallinn

Icelander starting his Imperial Royal Guard and seeks help

Post by Skallinn »

Hi guys.
I wrote here few months ago as I was thinking about going for the Imperial Royal Guard. In the meantime I had some medical emergencies myself (got a bad lung infection and almost died and have been fighting the effects of it since, as I'm fighting off a bad pneumonia right now). But I want to get into making my uniform as soon as possible and I'm purchasing my helmet from Kamino Custom as my first step.

But why am I writing here? The Icelandic outpost, which I'm going to be a part of, only has 2 members right now, a Stormtrooper and the other one has Vader and a Boba Fett. So we don't have much backland here in Iceland and no-one here has any experience on making a Royal Guard, so I'm pleading to you guys who have more experience on helping me. Also England is closer to Iceland than most other countries.

I've gone around the island looking for velvet, but the only thing I've found are velvet curtains, so I guess I'll either have to travel myself to England or to Scandinavia to find it myself or look for the help of others.
So finding the helmet is no probs, finding boots should be no hassle either(I'm going for the AOTC Royal Guard), I'm probably going to buy a forcepike, unless I can find easy construction manuals on-line and what to use to make on yourself.
My friends in the Icelandic outpost are going to help with the painting of the lid as soon as I find and get the right velvet and I can for sure get someone here in Iceland so help me with the sewing, my cousin is a seamstress and a fashion designer.

I'm a graphic designer and an illustrator and I would be willing to help out any of you with something like that if you could help me, like pointing out where I could get velvet for a bargain or if you could point out good forcepike makers. Also if you can help out with boots and gloves.

I promise you guys, if you can help me with this, you'll earn a great friend for a lifetime :)

With the kindest regards from tiny Iceland

Joe(Joi)
Jói
A hopeful future Royal Guard of the Empire in the Icelandic Outpost.

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Re: Icelander starting his Imperial Royal Guard and seeks he

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

Welcome.
If you want to buy velvet maybe you can get some good velvet in spain.
The patterns for your seamstress to use can be found in the AotC forum.
If you want to buy a forcepike you may ask Cabbagefarmer here on the board.
So i hope this helps you getting started.

Cabbagefarmer
TKID: 7617

Re: Icelander starting his Imperial Royal Guard and seeks he

Post by Cabbagefarmer »

Welcome Joe :trsuit: