robe material

For patterns, discussion on materials, and places to buy guard related items

Michael Harmon
TKID: 15012

robe material

Post by Michael Harmon »

Hey guys, i was looking in the forum and couldn't find exactly what type of material needed for the robes. will any red velvet do or does it have to be special type. also is there a pattern to follow this is for ROTS version thx guys i'm sure its posted some where and i missed it.

StarGuard
TKID: 21689

Re: robe material

Post by StarGuard »

The best material you can use is 100% cotton red velvet. For inner robe I used 100% cotton twil, and friends of mine used stretch. Important the right colour!

Maybe you can use patterns here: http://forcepike.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1750

If not, I can explain you how the patterns for ROTS are.

;)

Michael Harmon
TKID: 15012

Post by Michael Harmon »

found a place in Ireland that said they have red velvet 100% cotton, so just wondering how much would i need to make robes.

StarGuard
TKID: 21689

Post by StarGuard »

It depends of your height.
If you are 1,75 height or less with 8-9 meters of velvet you will have enough (I used 8). But if you are more than 1,75 height you will need between 12-15 meters of velvet.

For the lining and inner robe fabric (remember, the same) you will need the same quantity of the outer robe (lining) plus the fabric you need for the inner robe (more or less 2-4 meters).

I recommend talk with the professional who will make the costume and show him/her how costume are made. She/he will know better the quantity of fabric for you.

;)

DELTA 1

Re: robe color

Post by DELTA 1 »

Hi posted on a older post but need to know the right color for robe. I bought ruby red velvet but seems dark, the other color red was red! Have two days to return if wrong color any help is appreciated.

DixieJ

Post by DixieJ »

I apologize if this has already been answered, I'm searching on my phone and having a hard time, is velvet panne acceptable material?

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

Cant find what velvet panne is.
Sorry.
So i cant say if it is acceptable.

haplotk114
TKID: 3752

Post by haplotk114 »

Robes and Under Robes (Triple Velvet, Plush Velvet, or Velveteen. Panne, Velour, anything crushed or very shiny will NOT be approved.):

Hope that help. I just hope it is still accurate.

cooldevo
TKID: 12380

Post by cooldevo »

According to Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velvet:

Panne: Also a type of crushed velvet, panne is produced by forcing the pile in a single direction by applying heavy pressure. Sometimes, less frequently, called paon velvet.

I would speculate as crushed velvet is not acceptable and based on the above description of Panne that it would not be acceptable. But I`m by no means an expert.

cooldevo
TKID: 12380

Post by cooldevo »

haplotk114 wrote:Robes and Under Robes (Triple Velvet, Plush Velvet, or Velveteen. Panne, Velour, anything crushed or very shiny will NOT be approved.):

Hope that help. I just hope it is still accurate.
Triple velvet is acceptable, at least for the ROTJ Royal Guard. I took a link from other WiP threads and posted it in my WiP thread for the top layer of my outer robe and was told by several sources that it was good to go. I was approved a couple months ago.