Robes and cloak pattern?

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Revenge of the Sith

Puncharen

Robes and cloak pattern?

Post by Puncharen »

I don't really see any advice pointing towards a pattern to use to sew the robes and cloak. Is there a pattern that someone wouldn't mind sharing to help an interested costumer make an ROTS guard?

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Robes and cloak pattern?

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

The pattern on the bottom and have it extend to your ankles.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

I know I posted an actual pattern that my GF used in making my outer cloak somewhere on the boards.. Just have to track down the link so I can cross post it here...

Basically it is a full cloak with sleeves pattern where the sleeves are opened up to become side panels, there are 2 back panels and a front panel... The only difference between the AoTC and RoTS outer cloak is the number of arm slits,2 for AoTC (front only) and 4 for RoTS (both front and back)

Puncharen

Post by Puncharen »

Thank you!

DELTA 1

Right color robe

Post by DELTA 1 »

There are two colors of velvet one is red and the other ruby I bought rubie $80 worth on sale have two days to bring back if not right. Question which color? The red is well red and the ruby I'd darker. Need help. John

DELTA 1

Post by DELTA 1 »

Seems everyone advice is to match the helmet with robe color so took back the ruby and got the red and it matches the rubie helmet. Now to find the pattern :tr:

DELTA 1

Post by DELTA 1 »

Did anyone every find a pattern for the outer robe? I have everything I need to finish but this even the inner robe is done just finding a pattern seems to be hard how many ROTS folks do we have in the forum? Sorry for sounding frustrated but I'm, before I start cutting a $100 worth of velvet I'd like to follow a successful pattern.

Cabbagefarmer
TKID: 7617

Post by Cabbagefarmer »

DELTA 1 wrote:Did anyone every find a pattern for the outer robe? I have everything I need to finish but this even the inner robe is done just finding a pattern seems to be hard how many ROTS folks do we have in the forum? Sorry for sounding frustrated but I'm, before I start cutting a $100 worth of velvet I'd like to follow a successful pattern.

The only pattern I can recommend you is an AOTC Pattern. Please follow that link.

http://www.forcepike.net/forum/viewtopi ... =26&t=1977

It may helps you. For ROTS you only have to think about having "four" slits in your outer robe!