Opiinion on robe purchase

For patterns, discussion on materials, and places to buy guard related items

loringmsuess

Opiinion on robe purchase

Post by loringmsuess »

This maker claims to have a 501 suitable garment. Would this one make the grade? https://www.etsy.com/listing/102010214/ ... obes-501st

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Opiinion on robe purchase

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

We have folks ask about this one. I'd almost would like to see a 360 view cause the way it sits on the manniquin just seems so flat.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

Like Stephen says we cant approve this robe with just the picture we are able to see from this vendor.
This vendor appears more then often here but i think nobody has buyed it at last.
It looks very flat and i don't think this pattern isn't approvable.
So i would stay away from buying it.

JosaN

Post by JosaN »

As a seamstress I don't love the looks of this. It doesn't sit smoothly on the shoulder, almost looks like it's just rectangles, and in the second picture you can see that the lining and outer fabric aren't sewn together very well; there is some strange puckering around the edges and I think the edges are topstitched. From that second picture it also looks like there's a slit in the seam - I wonder if that's a misinterpretation of the "arm slit" in the CRL?