Helmet vendor questions

For patterns, discussion on materials, and places to buy guard related items

FaderMonkey

Helmet vendor questions

Post by FaderMonkey »

So I'm very new here and I want to put together a ROTJ Royal Guard costume. My first goal is the helmet and I'm looking into vendors.

I'm 6'1" and I have a pretty big head. I measured my head recently and it is 61cm. Hopefully I measuring it correctly (I measured what I believe is the largest point around). Are there any particular vendors anyone can recommend? I'm in FL. I've looked into Kamino and he says he has 66cm inside at the visor. I've also read on here that Fenix Props is a good option for a larger helmet. Would that be a good size for me? And of course I want to make sure that anything I get will be approved by the 501st.

Thanks a lot guys for your help!

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Re: Helmet vendor questions

Post by JesterTDA »

I'm 6'4" and have a massive melon of a head and a FP helmet which is MORE than large enough. There are other makers out there, LA in Pennsylvania make a slightly smaller helmet but it's still plenty big. I'd stear clear of a Don Post only because those are much smaller. Just make sure the helmet looks right, there is a seller out there on eBay whose helmet looks really bad (SF is the initials). It's your first test of the squall...if you buy a helmet that doesn't look like the reference picts then you've got problems :)

FaderMonkey

Post by FaderMonkey »

Well, I just ordered a Rubies helmet on Amazon. Should have it in a week. Hopefully it works out.

DELTA 1

Post by DELTA 1 »

I got mine from Amazon as well and love it