Question re: experience with Etsy seller

For patterns, discussion on materials, and places to buy guard related items

Maulevolent
TKID: 20304

Question re: experience with Etsy seller

Post by Maulevolent »

Hello!

I'm going to start on the mods for the DP lid based on the information I've found here, but I had a question regarding the robes. I'm looking to do an AoTC version to start and will be researching the various fabrics, etc and trying to put together a build vs buy (seamstress) decision by sometime next month based on fabric costs, difficulty, etc.

In the interim, I came across this costume maker on Etsy but I'm wondering if anyone has experience with her? It appears at least one of her costumes has been approved (with modification) based on the reviews:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/102010214/ ... e_active_3

Based on the photos, description of materials, and reviews this seems like a possibility but looking for first hand experience.

I know to stay away from many of the Chinese costume makers and I don't believe Fenix Props are making these anymore, so curious as to alternatives beyond DIY or local seamstress.

Thank you in advance!

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Question re: experience with Etsy seller

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

The way that this is sewn just as a really odd feel build to it. So sadly I would stay clear of it.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Maulevolent
TKID: 20304

Post by Maulevolent »

Thank you! The more I looked at it the more I grew concerned, glad to know its not just my OCD :)

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

Yes. This is no good. Please stay away of it.