Gaining Speed

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Revenge of the Sith

MagnaPrime
TKID: 8285

Gaining Speed

Post by MagnaPrime »

Alright guys it looks like I'll have the robes sewn by May maybe June (I love having seemstresses in the family) That just leaves me to work on the hardware. I've posted a few pictures up here http://s625.photobucket.com/albums/tt33 ... l%20Guard/ one of the finished helmet and a couple of me with the pike that I've been working on (Skell you might recognize the design, it's modded a little but I loved yours thanks for putting that up). Let me know what you think, too long on the pike or more work on the helmet. Thanks guys

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Gaining Speed

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Skel had a good teacher on the pike.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

MagnaPrime

Post by MagnaPrime »

I suppose I owe you a debt of gratitude as well then.

Darth Skellington
TKID: 5932

Post by Darth Skellington »

Pike is looking good......I look forward to seeing more pics as your work progresses. :trsuit: Length seems okay, as best I can tell. My pike is 53.5 inches long from base to tip. And you appear to be holding your pike correctly.....with your hand clasped around the handle and finger extended towards the trigger and base. When you hold it correctly like this, it shaves a few inches off the height. You'll notice most people's first instinct is to cup their hand underneath the base...which raises the pike even higher up, creating a false sense of it being "too tall".
Warren Jacobsen - TR-5932
I am the who when you call -- who's there?
I am the wind blowing through your hair.

MagnaPrime

Post by MagnaPrime »

Ok the outer cloak is in the finishing stages. It still needs to be touched up a bit and hemmed at the bottom but you should be able to get a general idea. I have two new shots up one is more of a "closed" position on the robe than the other. Thoughts are always appreciated.