serrated end tip?

darthmaul101079

serrated end tip?

Post by darthmaul101079 »

I'm going to be doing the serrated pike tip. on the photobucket from the magic of the myth, i see that there are 5 serrated spikes in line, but i can't get a good count from the pics to see how many rows there are. it kind of looks like either 7 or 8 rows. does anybody have an excate count?
Todd Lechniak
Garrison Carida
TK/TS/TB/TR-7032
Fear...Fear attracts the fearful...The strong...The weak...The innocent...The currupt. Fear...Fear is my ally!

Darth Skellington
TKID: 5932

Re: serrated end tip?

Post by Darth Skellington »

I don't think anyone has an exact count at this time. Between 6-8 sounds about right. The several vintage props used were not necessarily all the same, and the ones on display at Magic of Myth may have been modified during restoration, so pinning down what is "exactly" correct is not easy.

I don't think anyone knows what the original rasp was made of. In the Magic of Myth photo, the rows seem to spiral just a tad, which suggests to me that they might have been made from some sort of rubber hair accessory that they twisted onto the pike. This would make the rows look "not uniform" in the photo. I only guessing from the photo here....I did attend the Magic of Myth exhibit years ago, but was not looking for costume details back then.
Warren Jacobsen - TR-5932
I am the who when you call -- who's there?
I am the wind blowing through your hair.