Where to find boots?

For patterns, discussion on materials, and places to buy guard related items

Brodoin

Where to find boots?

Post by Brodoin »

This has become my biggest issue so far when planning my AOTC guard costume. I know where to get the gloves and where to get the materials to make my helmet, cloak, force pike, and robe/sash. But I can't, for the life of me, find where to find good boots that are my size.

I wear size 10.5 wide, and my calf is pretty thick (I'll have to measure to be sure, but I'd say at least 20-25 inches at the widest point). This has been the only boot so far I've found that could possibly fit me. What I am unsure about is the width of the part where my feet are. I don't want to spend ~$50 to buy it online only to find it's too tight around my ankles or toes or something.

Does anyone know of any suppliers that offer costume boots in wide?
Does anyone here also wear a wide shoe but found that their standard boots fit alright?
Are there any cheaper priced custom boots? Only custom boots I've found has been in the hundreds to the thousands, and all I want is simple black calf boots since 98% of it will be covered by my cloak and robe..

Can anyone please put me in the right direction?

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Where to find boots?

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

WW2 style Jack boots along with Captain Boots can be worn for AOTC.

http://www.amazon.com/Funtasma-Pleaser- ... B001AH60TC
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Brodoin

Post by Brodoin »

LuciousTalvloinne wrote:WW2 style Jack boots along with Captain Boots can be worn for AOTC.

http://www.amazon.com/Funtasma-Pleaser- ... B001AH60TC
I'll have to measure my calf to see if it'd fit. According to reviews people who normally wear wide shoes say it fits with room to spare. If my calf is good to go I may give those a try.

My only worry is that all but 3 or 4 of the 1 star reviews had to do with the sole coming off after just minutes of use.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

I've had my boots for over two years with no major damage on them. Now if you wore these every day I can see that being an issue but you would have that with regular shoes also.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Brodoin

Post by Brodoin »

I sent a message to the sellers asking if they have a return or replacement policy, just to be safe.

If my calves are too big I may just go with the other one. I figure if these will fit someone with the same size shoe as me then those probably will too.

ronto

Post by ronto »

I have some red suede 11 mens boots to sell...but I need 12....anyhelp? PM me!
"Ronto"
(TR-41421)

Potous
TKID: 17315

Post by Potous »

looking for a size 14 suede boots any leads is most grateful.....

THANKS,
TR 17315
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1476/24837097369_2170b93b4b_z.jpg

Misthunter

Post by Misthunter »

Hi,
Not sure if you've found your boots yet... but imperialboots.com seems pretty decent. He custom makes them to your sizes...calf size, ankle size, etc..

Send him an email asking for specifics if you like, but I'll be ordering boots and gloves from him shortly. He has both the jack boots and the suede boots available. He also has the suede gloves and the leather gloves.

Sorry if you have already gotten this information and I'm repeating :tr2:

Cheers,
Misty

Bustayo

Post by Bustayo »

Hey Misthunter, have you ordered your boots and gloves? If so, were you able to order burgundy gloves from that website?

Thanks much!

NoslenLRAc
TKID: 2275

Post by NoslenLRAc »

Misthunter wrote:Hi,
Not sure if you've found your boots yet... but imperialboots.com seems pretty decent. He custom makes them to your sizes...calf size, ankle size, etc..

Send him an email asking for specifics if you like, but I'll be ordering boots and gloves from him shortly. He has both the jack boots and the suede boots available. He also has the suede gloves and the leather gloves.

Misty, let us know about the gloves. They look good, but I'm curious about the colors also. His site only shows red leather. I haven't contacted him yet, but I'm checking on boots, too.

For what it's worth, I have some Funtasma Jedi boots and haven't had problems.

Anyone have opinions on which (black) Imperial Boots are acceptable... The gunner style, which look like a jack boot, or the Officer boot, which looks more like a equestrian style boot. Both have square toes, but the heels are a bit different.
In service of the Emperor,

TR-2275
Carl Nelson (aka Noslen L'Rac)