Questions about uniform....

The Red Senate Guard costume as seen in Attack of the Clones

ibwebb

Questions about uniform....

Post by ibwebb »

I cannot seen to find a good pic of the inner robe or sash for the AOTC (or any other to be honest). Is the inner robe solid or does it have an opening to the front or back?

Also, is the sash just solid (3"-4") or does it have more to it?

Lastly, would anyone have a good pattern or description of the neck seal? I am have a hard time finding much on that too.

Sorry if the answers to these are somewhere and I missed them. I did try to search through as much as I could hoping it was already mentioned. I have started on my 'training' uniform (making it out of cheaper material to be sure all will turn out right), but want to make sure it is as close to how it really will be as possible.

Thanks for any help,
Gregg

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Re: Questions about uniform....

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

Normaly the inner robe is one Piece which is wide enough you can walk in freely.
The Sash is one Piece too. With a piece of 1" in the middle of the same Cloth and colour of the sash in the middle of it.
The neckseal is the same the stormtroopers are wearing only in the colour of your inner robe.
Best place to find a pattern for this will be the FISD i think.

ibwebb

Post by ibwebb »

Thank you Sascha Wilsing. I really appreciate the info. That should make it easier to do. IF you do not mind another question from me... When I begin posting the progress of my uniform; should I post it under this area or is there another that is preferred? Sorry if these questions seem obvious to many, but the newbie in me just wants to do everything correctly. LOL

ibwebb

Post by ibwebb »

I would like to ask if this fabric is acceptable to. I have limited sewing skills and honestly do not know if 'flocking velvet' is the same as velvet or triple velvet or... I feel like my head is spinning looking at all this fabric. LOL

This is the red:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SOLID-FLOCKING- ... 2a34e89937

This is the burgundy:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SOLID-FLOCKING- ... 2a34e89937

I would really appreciate any and all input. I would hate to buy the wrong stuff, and this seems like one of the best deals I have seen on velvet... which also makes me want to question it.

Gregg

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

I would get a swatch of this before investing in a large bolt. Crushed velvet is a Definite NO.
As far as where to post . Once you have selected with guard you are going to do you can create a topic in a subforum of the particular costume.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

I suggest you look for velveteen.
The polyester ones look sometimes too shiny.

ibwebb

Post by ibwebb »

Thank you both. I am glade I asked. I was truly going to get a swatch first, but thought I would make sure that it was even acceptable at all first. Too shiny means NO in my book. lol BTW I am posting in here because this is the Guard that I have chosen.